Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#466050 01/25/22 04:30 AM
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Hello all,
Working on a 1936 Pickup that my father has owned for over 50 years, it hasn't run in the 45 I remember...
We have been working on it for over 6 years.
My question, Where can I find inner door panels?
I'd post pictures of our project, but I have to figure out how first...

Thanks,
Jeff

Become a Member!

JOIN THE VCCA and get access to the member-only features of the forum, including the ability to upload photos. You'll also receive our monthly magazine "Generator & Distributor". Yearly membership as low as $25!

Hall Monitor
ChatMaster - 7,000
Hall Monitor
ChatMaster - 7,000
Originally Posted by Chalkoutline
Hello all,
My question, Where can I find inner door panels?
I'd post pictures of our project, but I have to figure out how first...

Thanks,
Jeff
Welcome Jeff! I can't help with your patch panels. To post images you have two options. Until recently the only option for non club members (dues paying) a user had to upload their image(s) to a hosting site then post the link here. That option still exists but now all users can embed images. If you start a thread or click the 'Use Full Editor' button that is located below the text box you'll see the 'Attachment Manager' link (also below the text box). Click that link and a small window will open where you can navigate to the desired image(s) and select it for upload or drag & drop the image. Be advised that for the image to upload you must wait until the image thumbnail appears in the Attachment Manager window before clicking on Done. Also the image won't appear until you click Post Reply. If you have any further questions just ask. Welcome again.

VCCA Member 43216
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
1938 HB Business Coupe
1953 210 Sedan
ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
Welcome. Just adding to instructions given by Tiny. There is a size limit on photos. If the photo is too large it must be reduced before it will be accepted.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
There are 2 versions of 1936 Chevy trucks. The early ones resembled (but are not the same as) the '34 and '35 models and are referred to as High Roof. The later ones resemble (but are not the same as) the '37 and '38 models and are described as Low Roof. The door panels are the same for both versions, according to the 1938 Master Parts catalog.
The bad news is that 1936 truck door panels are one year only. The panels for '37 and '38 will fit the space but there is a difference where the leather check strap attaches to the door on your '36. The '37/'38 trucks had a more conventional door check that was built into the body and door. so no hole for the strap and the "bead" detail is different.
I can post pictures if you would like to see them.

Mike

ml.russell1936@gmail.com

Many miles of happy motoring

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.