Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Dev Offline OP
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Hi, will any of the esteemed members have a diagram/ sketch / image of the rocker panel extension that fits rocker panel , below the front door and fender extension ?
Will it be hollow from one side or just a indentation ?
Please advise.
Regards,
Dev

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Dev, Attached are a few pictures of the rocker panel extension. The extension is really two pieces, the main part that provides the attaching rail for the rocker molding and a pressed steel top plate. In my experience, both of these pieces are very hard to find used, in any condition. The first picture shows both pieces as they were originally bolted to the rocker panel on my station wagon. They are the same for your Fleetmaster. The second picture gives a good idea of what the top plate looks like although it's orientation is reversed in the picture. I had to make a hardwood buck to hammer form new top plates from sheet metal. The third picture shows the main extension with the attaching rail for the molding removed for weld repair. The last picture shows the repaired extension in place for a trial fit. Sorry that I don't have any pictures of the back but it is partially open in certain areas. Hope these help. Mike

Attached Images
IMG_2439.JPG IMG_2444.JPG IMG_2447.JPG IMG_3185.JPG

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.