Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
I have been late to this party, so to speak. I'm the current director of the Personalized Chevy Chapter and I just read all the comments in this thread. Every VCCA class (stock, HPOCF, CDPC & PCC) has their own rules. I appreciate that it can be frustrating to find out that your Chevy does not "fit in" with any of these classes. There are reasons for these rules. As far as the PCC is concerned, we had to provide some "separation" between our class and the stock & CDPC classes. We did not want a vehicle to win an award in class judging, for example, and then qualify for a PCC award. Same for CDPC. That is why we require 3 significant "visual" mods to qualify for the contemporary class. This would prevent qualification in class judging at the same time. Also, we do not count "reliability" mods like CDPC accepts. If your vehicle qualifies for a class judging award or CDPC certification, it is unlikely it will qualify for PCC judging. This is by design. However, a well restored vehicle with at least a few major visible mods would do well in PCC judging. Mods can't be from the same model/year (or they would not be recognizable as a mod without a VIN analysis).

Our website (pccvcca.org) has all kinds of information including a slideshow of past winners so that a prospective PCC member could see what might be expected for judging. Our judging form lists "countable" mods for the exterior, interior, engine bay & chassis. This was intended to help the member understand what we are looking for. It's a good idea to read over these acceptable mods before asking questions. The number of mods determines the class but only the condition determines the award (junior/senior).

The sleeper class is a new addition this year. It is for stock-looking vehicles with replacement engines (e.g., small block V8 in a pre-1955 or a big block in a pre-1958) or a documented "built" engine. We already have a few candidates.

Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
My exterior per the Trim Tag numbers states the color should be Dusk Pearl but the color has been changed to a Turquoise. It actually is not the exact match to 1957 Chevy Tropical Turquoise but I was told it's close enough that it doesn't count as an Exterior change. Would "Blue Dot" tail light lenses count as a change? Or maybe orange parking lenses with Chevy emblems?? I hate to spent $1,000 for mag wheels.

The interior per the Trim Tag numbers states it should be Silver and Black but I have Turquoise & black. I was told that's OK, it doesn't count as a change. The gauges under the dash are OK too. Don't count. AM/FM/ cassette tape don't count either. The portable center console, nope not count...it's OK too. If I put a Sun Tack on the dash would it count as a interior change? Or how about dice push-down locks on door locks? I'm trying not to spend a lot of money on a custom steering wheel.

My engine counts as One change for judging in the PCC per judges at both Nashville & Lima. I need changes in three categories.

Last edited by Rxmalott; 08/10/21 11:45 AM.
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Sold the car at the Tri-Five Nationals.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Support The VCCA!

Enjoy the forum? Become a VCCA member! The World's Best Chevrolet and GMC Club!

Member Photos
1964 Chevrolet Impala SS
1964 Chevrolet Impala SS
by DreamChevy, February 17
My 1933 Chevy 2 Dr. Sedan
My 1933 Chevy 2 Dr. Sedan
by 1939Chevy1, November 24
Back on the road 79 years later
2 1927 Chevrolet Trucks
2 1927 Chevrolet Trucks
by 1927TRUCKS, June 7
Who's Online Now
3 members (Shorty, Mr87Monty, Headlighter), 82 guests, and 21 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
NeilA, Jayhicks, Tomvanhouten, Dads29Chevy, Tractorman
18,308 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
SabrinaKarras, Speedy1
Forum Statistics
Forums58
Topics59,071
Posts429,076
Members18,308
Most Online1,133
Jan 22nd, 2020

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.