Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
I am trying to help a guy on the east coast with some 21" wood wheels that someone mounted on his 1924 Ford Model T. They might be the early loose lug type like shown in the eBay listing;
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1919-1920-1923-1925-CHEVROLET-21-WOOD-SPOKE-FRONT-WHEEL-HUB-INNER-SPOKE-RIM/283346964849?hash=item41f8cb9171:g:VHoAAOSwKphcN3ie
What I would like to ask, could someone send me photos of the correct rim for these wheels. The ones he has now look to be 26/27 disk wheel type, using the Jaxon clamps from the photos I have see. The Model T never had loose lugs on there 21" wheels so am a little lost on this one.
Thank very much for any help
Mark Gregush
redmodelt@gmail.com

Last edited by Mark_Gregush; 01/27/20 10:50 PM. Reason: forgot word in title.
Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
From what I understand the model T and Chevrolet wheels were very similar. The easiest way to identify them is where the valve stem comes out on the rim. If you notice there are "lands" on the rim that should match up with the Jaxon bolts and clamps. If you have Jaxon rims and wheels they will match up. If they are mixed together then they will not match up and the rims will distort and probably not be safe. I have been told you can transplant the entire wheel assembly between the two marques. Of course the 1928 Chevrolet 21" rims are wider than the earlier ones so that fact plays in there as well. I may not have described it very well but I hope you will investigate your rims and it will become a little clearer. Art

Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Thank you for the help. We are thinking at this point we have more or less got a handle on what rims go with these wheels.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.