Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#414225 09/06/18 03:12 PM
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Was wondering who all on the forum will be at Hershey. I'd love to meet some of you guys in person. This will be my first year if I actually make it.

I was also wondering if I can expect that all of the hotels will be filled up by now? I really have no idea how big this thing really is.

Jeff

1925 Superior K 4 Dr Sedan
1966 C10
2003 Silverado 1500 HD
ChatMaster - 1,500
ChatMaster - 1,500
The Motels will not be booked yet. They can't book a Motel more than a year in advance. So the day, one year before the Meet starts will be the first day you can book and they will probably all be booked that day.

Jon T.
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Jonjet, you misunderstood my question. I was referring to the Hershey Meet next month.

Jeff

1966 C10
2003 Silverado 1500 HD
ChatMaster - 1,500
ChatMaster - 1,500
Sorry, I thought you meant the Anniversary Meet. I was never accused of being a good reader!

Jon T.
ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
Most hotels/motels within 30 miles of Hershey will be fully booked by now, but just get on one of the travel websites like Expedia and you'll find something within an hour or so. Hershey is an experience every old car guy should experience -- it's wonderful! Stop by and see me in spaces OBE 24 & 25..... I'll be there selling thousands of 1929-32 Chevy parts and BSing with all you Chevy guys.

All the Best, Chip

"It's wise to choose a SIX"
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Check out the vcca tent in the red field
Al

Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
I just booked a bed and breakfast about one hour away.

ChatMaster - 6,000
ChatMaster - 6,000
If you run out of motels/hotels around Hershey then try Harrisburg. If Harris is no luck then try Motel 6 in Carlisle. It's close to I-81 North and will take you to just north of Hershey. Its only about a 30-45 minute drive depending on traffic.

Visit me at NRI 77-81. N is North, R is Red field and I is the row. Those spaces are on the north side of the stadium and last row north, right next to hedges and highway 39.

Just don't hang around and annoy me a half a day like Chip does. Agrin

Best,

Charlie computer

BTW: If you haven't been there before, you're in for a treat. dance More vendors than you can ever visit in just 4 days. Start on Wednesday and go through the fields by Friday evening. The car show is on Saturday. All the vendors will be packing up.

Wednesday and Thursday are the best days for looking for parts. Everything left on Friday is either way overpriced or already bought and gone. Except for the car show, Saturday is a bummer.

Plan on eating at Hoss's in Hummelstown in the evening. Breakfast at Bob Evans or Micky D's, both at Hummelstown or on the grounds near the tunnel where several food trailers are open early. Hummelstown is just west of Hershey. Plan on going to the Hershey Visitors center at the swap meet. It's right on the grounds. Have some quarters for the attendants at the porto-johns. They lock you in and won't let you out until you pay up. Agrin

Bring your wet weather clothes and an umbrella. It will rain. Almost always does.

ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
or on the grounds near the tunnel where several food trailers are open early. . Agrin

.[/quote]

Tunnel ?? where
please

dick

ChatMaster - 1,500
ChatMaster - 1,500
When I first saw this topic I looked at a calendar to see about going out for the Saturday but appears to be the worst day so thanks for the details Charlie. Have yet to get there even once but can't see ever having 4 days to burn there until I'm retired.

I find EVERYTHING at these interesting so my head pretty much explodes trying to take it all in. I'm a vegetable unable to converse after just one day so can't imagine four days.

1938 Canadian Pontiac Business Coupe (aka a 1938 Chevy Coupe with Pontiac shaped front sheet metal - almost all Chevy!)
1975 4-speed L82 Vette
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
I've found several places available within 30 minutes, just not sure I can make it though so I haven't reserved anything yet. If I come you can be sure that I'll be by to meet you guys. My main purpose for coming would be to see if I can find some parts for my '25, they are very difficult to find. When I've been to other swap meets I never seem to be able to find 'old old' stuff. Too much hot rod stuff. I'm sick of seeing hot rods, I don't even want to go to the shows because they give no regard to 'original or authentic'.

Can I expect to see certain vendors that cater to the pre-30's crowd?

That said, I hope I can make it out.

Last edited by jtroberts64; 09/11/18 08:12 AM.

Jeff

1966 C10
2003 Silverado 1500 HD
ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
Charlie, I'll be over to shoplift some of your ten-cent items. Jeff, stop by and see me in OBE 24 & 25. Hershey is like nothing else in our hobby! Where else can you spend the day with tens of thousands of like-minded people? Come join us!

All the Best, Chip

ChatMaster - 6,000
ChatMaster - 6,000
Dick,

Sorry, I was referring to the area where the underpass access starts on the east side, near the arena. Right near the beginning on the east end of the Car Corral. dance

As you pointed out, i erred. Agrin

Best,

Charlie computer

ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
I’ll be going. I’ll have to write down all your locations. It will be good to meet you guys and put a face to the names. No, I’m not bringing the bike so Charlie can ride on the back. I am Going to bring a bushel of corn and shove them in Charlie’s gas tank so he can enjoy the “benefits” of good fresh corn ethanol though!???? willy

Last edited by Chistech; 09/13/18 05:31 PM.
ChatMaster - 6,000
ChatMaster - 6,000
Chistech,

Please bring the corn. I'll eat it. Agrin :dance

Stop by. I'll be with aa friend that was from Kentucky. We may show what they do with corn in that state. dance2 beermugs bananadead

Best,

Charlie computer

ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
Originally Posted by 41specialdeluxe
Chistech,

Please bring the corn. I'll eat it. Agrin :dance

Stop by. I'll be with aa friend that was from Kentucky. We may show what they do with corn in that state. dance2 beermugs bananadead

Best,

Charlie computer

Now that’s a form of ethanol I can appreciate!

ChatMaster - 6,000
ChatMaster - 6,000
I've said it before but let me say it one more time.

If you're an old car buff and like them the way they were originally built and yes, I understand the phrase "they are only original once, but let me say that if you haven't ever been to Hershey for the AACA fall meet hosted by the Hershey Region of the AACA, then you are missing a real treat. You will be dazzled by all the old stuff and goings on. The day will just fly by and you will realize that you haven't nearly covered it all.

If the wind is right and you get a whiff of the chocolate smell coming from the factory then that's just an added treat. Seems like I used to smell it more than I do nowadays. Don't know why.

Anyway, you won't know what you've missed all these years unless you come to the meet. It is a treasure hunt for us grownups. confetti

i came the first time in 1970 and have been every year since. luv2 Agrin talk

There is just something in the air about it that one has a hard time identifying. Sorta like joyful magic. bananalove Is too! dance

Best regards,

Charlie computer

BTW: Bring rain gear. It will rain. Sometimes it doesn't. No sweat. Most vendors have tents and everything is on hardtop except the car show on Saturday unless they have moved it.

BTW2: Be sure to write down Chip's space numbers. If you rely merely on your memory, you might unknowingly run right smack dab into him. That right there could just about completely ruin your trip. Come by my spaces where you'll be treated like you're somebody and even get a cold soda. Me, now, you can soon get away from. Chip? Plan on spending some time. Not short time but long time. He'll talk you to death. Will too! (I'm just kidding Chip. He's the best.) If you can't avoid him, then tell him you are tired, thirsty and hungry. Eat and drink everything of his that you can get your hands on. Agrin

ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
The good news is that I have two packs of Nabs left over from the 2006 Hershey meet and am prepared to share them. The bad news is that Charlie will be first in line if he's managed to pump out his house from all the flooding.

Seriously, stop by both my spot and Charlie's and say hello. If nothing else, we'll offer you a high end North Carolina welcome. And as Charlie would say "will too.....".

Charlie's right: Hershey is unique. Come out and join us.

I'm in spaces OBE 24 & 25, and Charlie is in an unnumbered dumpster. He can give you directions.

All the Best, Chip

Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Sounds like you guys know each other. I'll be there if nothing unexpected comes up, still don't have a place to stay, but I ain't sweating the small stuff bed

Jeff

1966 C10
2003 Silverado 1500 HD
ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
Charlie: We don't smell the chocolate anymore because Hershey does not produce their product in Hershey now. At least that is what I have been told. Shame, as it was always a good thing to smell.

Dick

ChatMaster - 6,000
ChatMaster - 6,000
Dick,

Thanks for the update. I knew there was something missing nowadays. That explains it.

I agree. It was a nice smell. bananalove

Best,

Charlie computer

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
I will be in C3L 31-33 that is chocolate field North. I will have lots of NOS GM parts (mainly 50's lots of 58 parts) also lots of used parts pre 1930 all kinds of makes

33yr member/3rd generation member
Andy Jurski #42092
Family collection:
26 collector cars:
20 Chevrolet's
2 Ford
1 Oldsmobile
3 Pontiac's

ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
I just posted my list of parts that I'll have at Hershey in the "Parts for Sale" forum below. I'll be in Spaces OBE 24&25 on the Orange field and will look forward to seeing you there!

carbana

All the Best, Chip

ChatMaster - 6,000
ChatMaster - 6,000
Chip,

I went over to the "For Sale' forum and looked over your list of stuff you're bringing to Hershey.

Comments:

a. Nice long list of nice stuff.

b. Lot of typing there. Good job.

c. I will be directing folks to your spaces when they stop by and inquire about any parts you may have in that era.

d. OBE stands for "Overtaken By Events" in some circles. Interesting. Agrin

e. I wish I had such a detailed list of my stuff. You are an inspiration. I may attempt to do that next year.

Best wishes for a safe trip. I'll try to stop by and say hello.

Best,

Charlie computer

ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
Thanks Charlie, I'll look forward to seeing you there and appreciate your drumming up the business. Ask me on Saturday afternoon if the "OBE" space was the right one: By then, I figure I really will be "OBE". I'm a lucky guy, though......my Lady has volunteered to help me sell the parts for the full four days. She's a TROOPER!

All the Best, Chip

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.