Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
ChatMaster - 2,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 2,000
Picked up Arizona Amando's (Steve) 31' from the paint shop yesterday. It got cleaned, touched up, buffed, and detailed. I'm real happy with the way it came out a like the blue/black color combo. Motor wasn't running real good when it got here but gapping the plugs, setting the timing, and adjusting the carb to the modern day specs fixed all the issues. Cleaning the sludge out of the pan and flushing the oil pump and all passageways along with fresh oil is giving great oil pressure at idle and at temp. The new BrassWorks radiator, new FS BB water pump, and a total block flush is yielding temps in the normal low area. Should be a nice driving and reliable car in the Tucson AZ climate. Have a couple videos I made just before we loaded it on my trailer. Here is the link to the AACA posting on it. The videos are located at the last post. Tried to copy them here with no luck.

http://forums.aaca.org/topic/300992-1931-chevy-5-passenger-coupe/

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
So......what's the deal with the tailpipe being on the right rear of the car??

laugh wink beer2

The Mangy Old Mutt

"If It's Not Junk.....It's Not Treasure!"
ChatMaster - 4,000
ChatMaster - 4,000
Originally Posted by Junkyard Dog

must be a west coast thing ?!?

Videos look good, those taken at the paint shop ?

AACA - VCCA - Stovebolt - ChevyTalk
Love the Antique Chevrolet's from 1928-1932
The Beauty, Simplicity, History, and the Stories they Tell
ChatMaster - 7,000
ChatMaster - 7,000
Also noted the body data plate is located on the drivers side (L.H.). My 32 is on the passengers.(R.H.) Should add it does look great!!

Last edited by m006840; 02/11/18 03:12 PM.

Steve D
ChatMaster - 2,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 2,000
Originally Posted by Junkyard Dog

laugh wink beer2

I guess Steve had someone put an exhaust on the car and it's a fabricated one, not an original type system. The tailpipe crosses over in front and above the rear pumpkin. The car also has a 32' manifold set up with a downdraft carb on it.

ChatMaster - 2,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 2,000

Videos look good, those taken at the paint shop ?
[/quote]

That is Moses paint shop and you can see John Lima, his brother in the background. John did most of the prep and painting on this car. They are two talented young brothers.

ChatMaster - 2,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 2,000
Originally Posted by m006840
Also noted the body data plate is located on the drivers side (L.H.). My 32 is on the passengers.(R.H.) Should add it does look great!!
The 31's have the cowl tag on the LH or driver's side of the cowl. This one was removed, polished up, and put right back where it was originally riveted. The sill tag is on the right sill on the side of the passenger jump seat. This car had the sill tag about 4" ahead of the lock pillar. My own 31' 4dr special sedan had the tag on the sill just below the front seat corner on the passenger side.

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
I'm kind of partial to the body color scheme....... luv2

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B77ANkk23CkLQWVoYlBRYVZVX1U

Your video links work as long as one is logged into AACA.

Last edited by CraigA; 02/12/18 12:59 AM.
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Ted that’s a beautiful rebuild on that 1931 Olds and you are a TRUE craftsman with all around talents!

What would be about your total build hour’s estimate on that car?

I had noticed on one of your shop pics posted you have a wall fan attached.

Do you use that when you spray paint assorted parts in your shop?

I just bought a new 24 inch 8,400 cfm 2 speed drum fan on wheels from TS for my garage. I was worried that it would not be able to handle the volume in my 30 feet x 52 feet x 12 foot high ceilings for spray painting.

My new fan kicks a** even on low as I got it on one shop end 36 inch doorway with the other end garage door open for the air draw!
I also made a clear plastic with strapping frame over the remaining 2/3 rds of the door when it was cold outside!

Plus I still had to clear plastic the floor area where I hang my parts and cover up my benches from overspray!

Rory
1934 Chevrolet Standard Holden Body Roadster
1933 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1934 Ford 4 Door Sedan rolling frame under construction
1933 Ford 4 Door Phaeton

Last edited by roara; 02/12/18 10:02 AM.
ChatMaster - 2,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 2,000
In my garage I have 5 fans. Two old school Dayton variable speed 24" floor pedestal models, a three speed plain old household 24" square fan, a built into the wall exhaust fan, and a smaller auto reciprocating fan that was floor mounted but now hangs from a ceiling truss. I don't do a lot of finish painting but do prime a fair amount. When I prime, I set up rolling canvas walls to contain overspray, I'll open the rear garage door fully, and I open the front door about 4". Because my garage is 30x60 and the doors face north and south, the doors make a wind tunnel type draft that takes all the fumes out quickly. I live close enough to the ocean and I'm the south coast of New England so the majority of the wind is blowing from the southwest in the summer, right under my front door and our the rear door. In most cases, don't often use fans when I paint.

The wall mounted exhaust fan is used when any type of smoke or fumes are made, including paint fumes but not too often for that. More so when I weld or when I'm tuning up the car with the doors closed (cold weather). It I'm tuning a car for a while, I have the big old old school exhaust hoses to feed it out the door.

The fans are mostly for cooling or drying of the floor. Two times a year, because the building is a block building, the floors will sweat with the weather/temp changes. The reciprocating is turned on and does a decent job of keeping the moisture down as it comes out of the floor in the spring and into the humid summer/fall time. The square household fan is almost never used but the two Dayton fans are lifesavers in the warm times of the years. it is impossible to install interiors in these old cars if you're hot and sweaty. I cannot afford, nor would I even consider at this point in time, AC in my garage so the two fans fit the bill. The pedestals are adjustable for height so I set one high to move the hot air near the ceiling down and out the back garage door while the other will blow right into or around the car depending on what I'm doing. Luckily, as I stated earlier, I can often just open the front door, height depending on how much air flow I want, and the tunnel effect can do the job without running anything.

On the Olds: you might have gotten the Chevy and the Olds confused. The Chevy is a 31 and the Olds is a 32. Not sure if you saw my restoration thread on the Olds which is also on the AACA site forums.

Last edited by Chistech; 02/12/18 12:18 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Support The VCCA!

Enjoy the forum? Become a VCCA member! The World's Best Chevrolet and GMC Club!

Member Photos
1964 Chevrolet Impala SS
1964 Chevrolet Impala SS
by DreamChevy, February 17
My 1933 Chevy 2 Dr. Sedan
My 1933 Chevy 2 Dr. Sedan
by 1939Chevy1, November 24
Back on the road 79 years later
2 1927 Chevrolet Trucks
2 1927 Chevrolet Trucks
by 1927TRUCKS, June 7
Who's Online Now
1 members (swedechev), 78 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
NeilA, Jayhicks, Tomvanhouten, Dads29Chevy, Tractorman
18,308 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
SabrinaKarras, Speedy1
Forum Statistics
Forums58
Topics59,072
Posts429,077
Members18,308
Most Online1,133
Jan 22nd, 2020

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.