Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Dman Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Hi folks.. need help identifying some missing items on the 32 chevy pheaton

A) the lower part of front wind screen is missing. Its the part/ trim of the frame that holds the glass at the bottom.

B) Wiper motor - electric or vacuum

C) How the doors are held from opening too much and touching the body. Are they held just by upholstery cloth or metal strip.

Pictures would be greatly appreciated to help better understand the missing items.

Thank you very much for the help.

Last edited by Dman; 01/05/18 01:50 PM.

1932 Chevy Phaeton
Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
DMAN....re windshield frame..........north American produced cars have only 3 metal sides on the GLASS HOLDING windshield frame : top and both sides.

The bottom is just glass and closes against a rubber stopper that's mounted in a metal frame that runs along the top of the cowl panel and is held down with screws into the wood that runs under the cowl and dash panel. It runs from post base to post base.

The metal frame that holds the stopper sits on a professionally molded rubber pad.

I have the : base rubber, the metal base the rubber stopper sits into, the rubber stopper. All parts are brand new condition.

If you have an Australian produced GM HOLDEN body the windshield frame has metal for all 4 sides that hold the glass. I have no idea how the rest is sealed.

If your doors are opening too much , make leather straps that will restrict the opening of the door. They can be home produced using sheep, goat, no touching those sacred cows.

I think the seller is AMERICAN MUSCLE on ebay usa. Have not noticed them listed for sale for a while.

WIPER MOTOR...SPEEDWAY MOTORS in Lincoln Nebraska offer a 6 volt or 12 volt and optional wiper arm and sweeper, plus a special knob all available from their online catalogue.

mike lynch...."the real & original madmike3434 " hood

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Open-Car-Door-Check-Strap-Kit-Leather-With-Hardware-1928-1932/271098720280?hash=item3f1ebe3018:m:mUl_gG5lvqS61ikUvtaAaUQ&vxp=mtr

ebay listing for door check straps

THESE ARE A BETTER PRICE.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Door-Check-Strap-Kit-Brown-Leather-With-Stainless-Steel-Brackets-And-Screws/111933933310?hash=item1a0fc846fe:g:m18AAOSwoVNaD54P&vxp=mtr

By the way the experts said that door check straps were not offered for early chevy open cars, but I found a picture and a listing in the Chevrolet OPEN car parts catalogue covering 1933---35

mike lynch hood

Last edited by mike_lynch; 01/05/18 04:45 PM.
Dman Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Hi Mike

Thank you very much for the quick response. From the previous pictures of the vehicle it seems that this is a North American made vehicle. Can you send me an email id on damanthakore@gmail.com and I can send you previous pictures. Also would like pictures of the rubber stopper and costing for the parts please.

1932 Chevy Phaeton
Dman Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Hi Mike,

Could you please quote for the base rubber and the rubber that fits in the moulding . I have the moulding which fits on top of the cowl. damanthakore@gmail.com

1932 Chevy Phaeton
ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
you can get it brand new from STEELE RUBBER PRODUCTS. In Denver North Carolina USA.

I am keeping the metal base and the rubber base and the dovetail style rubber stop as used from 1932 to 1935 open cars.

It will be sold with my windshield assembly when I am ready to move it on.

went to steelerubber and these are the parts you need.

windshield mounting pad ...#60-6360-52....$70.70 US funds THIS FITS BELOW THE METAL STRIP

windshield weather strip #70-0078-52......$61.60 us FUNDS
This fits into the metal channel as a glass stop and seal

mike parking

Last edited by mike_lynch; 01/16/18 05:54 PM.
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
This guy at ebay has the most early 30's Chevy parts I've seen anywhere.
He had door checks on one of his auctions recently, and probably has everything else you need.

j daniel

Dman Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Thank you so much for the guidance.

1932 Chevy Phaeton
ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
sent you an email thru here, there is a couple of vacuum wiper motors on ebay usa for the 32 touring you have.

mike lynch

ChatMaster - 1,500
ChatMaster - 1,500
Hi Dman!

You might want to check, but I think you have the rear hinges on your front doors. On a 32 and later phaeton, the rear doors used a 29 to 31 roadster door hinge half which is at a 90-degree angle, which lets the doors open wider. The front doors should have a hinge which is less then 90 degrees and will not let the door open and hit the side mounts. You have my email, and I can send you some pictures so you know what to looking for, or send me some pictures of your hinges.

32 Confederate
Bruce S. DeFord
VCCA Judging Committee Chair

The Great American Value for 1932
http://www.vccacolumbiariverregion.org/

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.