Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
ChatMaster - 3,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 3,000
In the Members Only section, there is a forum for posting photos of Member Cars. These photos/threads can be viewed by the general public, but should not be. This forum was originally designed as a Members Only forum (which is why it is placed where it is). Please change the view-ability settings of this forum back to Members only.

In the Photos of Member Vehicles, further down in the forum list, VCCA Members can post a photo, but no replies are permitted (by design), and these photos can be viewed by the general public so as to represent the different years of Member vehicles. Chat Members who are not VCCA Members cannot post photos in this area.

Here's a blurb I posted last year to explain the newer sections for Photos of Member Vehicles:

The new area gives the VCCA members a place to show their ride in threads that are organized by year. Here are some advantages of these threads:

• These photos are open to the public to view. So, if an interested, non-member wants to see some of our great vehicles, they can. Maybe it will incent them to join the club.
  • The other photo threads in Chatter are in the VCCA members only area. Being able to see and search these areas are one of the many benefits of joining the VCCA.
  • The new area is fairly self maintaining. Each person is restricted to one photo per upload and no replies are allowed. This means less work for the admin folks. Very little, if no moderating is necessary.

Photos from any of the threads can be pulled in or referenced in any discussion thread.

However, since only VCCA members can access the photos in the Member Only areas, only VCCA members can capture the photo's location and therefore only Members can reference these photos in other threads.

Thanks, Dean

Last edited by Rustoholic; 01/28/18 01:07 PM. Reason: changed formatting for clarity

Dean 'Rustoholic' Meltz
old and ugly is beautiful!

Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
threads can be viewed by the general public, but should not be.

I agree.

laugh wink beer2

The Mangy Old Mutt

"If It's Not Junk.....It's Not Treasure!"
VCCA Member Services
Backyard Mechanic
VCCA Member Services
Backyard Mechanic
Im confused:

"These photos are open to the public to view. "
That means NON-MEMBERS can see the photos.
Thata how the system is setup now

Now i'm being told to hide it from non members.

I this really the intent?

VCCA Member Services Manager
http://vcca.org
memberservices@vcca.org
708-455-8222
VCCA Member Services
Backyard Mechanic
VCCA Member Services
Backyard Mechanic
How about a call? 520-247-5918. I need some clarity and an online exchange is a negative at the moment.

VCCA Member Services Manager
http://vcca.org
memberservices@vcca.org
708-455-8222
ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
Dean and Peter,

If you guys are trying to recruit paying members letting outsiders "peek" in at what is going on by looking at photos and hard core technical articles seems like ideal bait. My interest in this is in meeting other do-it-yourselfers, and there do seem to some of us on this forum. I tried to explain that in another discussion:

https://vccachat.org/ubbthreads.php.../1/vcca-nonmember-submittals.html#UNREAD

I'm not going to pay for the ability to post photos easily to network with other do-it-yourselfers, but it would be "win-win" if you would allow that.

Ray W

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.