Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
JerryL Offline OP
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Have my cowl bezels all out, question on the water temp line...how do I disconnect this? I see 2 screws on back of gauge, but hard to reach.
Any advice?

ChatMaster - 1,500
ChatMaster - 1,500
You can remove the gauge as you are visualizing by removing the 2 screws and removing the gauge from back of cluster. The other option is to remove the bulb from the side of the cylinder head and gently feed the bulb and copper line through the firewall plug and remove with the gauge.
You need to make sure you don't break or cut the copper line and that the bulb, copper line and gauge stay connected as they are a sealed assembly.

1938 Canadian Pontiac Business Coupe (aka a 1938 Chevy Coupe with Pontiac shaped front sheet metal - almost all Chevy!)
1975 4-speed L82 Vette
JerryL Offline OP
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Thanks so much! Great detail, I believe I can reach the back of the gauge. Will loosen the line from the cylinder head, to give me some play. Mine is an older restoration, but the wiring is a mess. Retiring completely. Spent 40 years as an electrical engineer.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.