Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#402316 01/24/18 02:07 PM
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
All I've done so far today is spend $$$$ yipp

I ordered all of my window and door rubber from Gary Wallace. It's great being able to purchase from someone that has the knowledge to tell you all of the things that you should be considering when doing a project. Of course it's good for him too. I go in thinking I'm spending $2-300, by the time I'm done working with him I've spent $500...... crazy

Oh well, it will be nice to have windows that I can roll up and down while sitting in the garage doh

If you read this Gary, I appreciate your help beermugs

Jeff

1925 Superior K 4 Dr Sedan
1966 C10
2003 Silverado 1500 HD
ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Hey Jeff,

At least you can point to what you got for your money. If, on the other hand, you had left your moola at the bar......

Any item that is working is better than it not working, even if it sits in the garage for a while.

Cheers, Dean

Dean 'Rustoholic' Meltz
old and ugly is beautiful!

ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
There is nothing like good windows on these cars. Every car I do for a customer gets new channels and the top felt gets replaced with a smaller header channel. The windows in these cars go up and down so nicely especially in the four doors because the glass is smaller and lighter but all the windows should move up and down easily. If after you’ve put in the new channels and they are hard to move, there is a problem somewhere you need to find. New channels will not make a window so tight it’s hard to move. On the $$$$$$$. You can’t get away from it but there are some obscure suppliers that get $1-2 less per ft and sell the windshield set for $15-20 less than others but you have to go looking for them. When I’m doing a whole car that is what I do often saving $40-60 on a complete rubber replacement. While rubber for our chevys is expensive, it’s worse for my 32’ Olds. Every piece that I’ve needed is basically listed under another car and is very expensive. Even a call to Steele has them admitting that the catalog doesn’t really list the parts correctly. Places like Gary Wallace and the FS have at least figured out what parts are needed out of the Steele lineup and list them in layman’s terms in most cases. The Olds parts are like looking for a needle in a haystack and I’ve even gone to machining up molds to make the parts Steele doesn’t offer.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.