Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#402669 01/28/18 11:14 PM
ChatMaster - 2,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 2,000
Third on my to do list was adjust my brakes. One thing the PO actually did do was install new linings so with 500+ miles on the restoration, it was time to adjust the brakes. I had too much pedal travel and my big right foot would hit the accelerator pedal if I hit the brakes hard and pushed the pedal way down. Used the FS brake adjustment gauge and followed the supplied directions. Using my lift again made it super easy job. I knew when I put the lift in it was going to be one of my better shop decisions. Once I was done, I dropped it down and took it for a ride. Brakes are great with a high pedal and a test panic stopped yielded a nice straight stop. Third thing done off the list and now it’s time to start cleaning up the spare motor so I can check it fully out and get it painted up.

ChatMaster - 6,000
ChatMaster - 6,000
Well adjusted brakes are a pleasure to use and you dont want to be pushing the gas pedal while making the brakes work in a hurry.
Tony

1938 1/2 ton Hope to drive it before I retire
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Bingo on the brakes and gas pedal at the same time. I need to adjust my brakes also. I don't have a lift though. Must be nice.

Bob

"When an old man dies, a library burns to the ground".

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.