Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
The wiring for the two interior rear corner lights has been cut and destroyed on my Bel Air. I have the switch on the left arm rest and 2 wires to each of the corner lights. I haven't been able to wire them correctly so the switch turns them off. Anyone have a wiring diagram?
Luggnutt

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Originally Posted by luggnutt
The wiring for the two interior rear corner lights has been cut and destroyed on my Bel Air. I have the switch on the left arm rest and 2 wires to each of the corner lights. I haven't been able to wire them correctly so the switch turns them off. Anyone have a wiring diagram?
Luggnutt

You'll find the wiring diagrams in section 12 of the '49 to '53 GM Chevy Shop Manual.

1951 Chevy Styleline Deluxe 2 door sedan / purchased from second owner 6-19-2000.
ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
The Bel Air hardtop is not included in the wiring diagram. has no roof dome light but rather a light on each side at lower window level between the quarter window and back glass.
Basically it would need a hot wire running from the headlight switch to each of the lights. Then a ground wire from each door jamb switch and from the rear arm rest manual switch to each light. All the switches do is complete the circuit by grounding it. The lights are hot all the time.

Last edited by Chev Nut; 01/23/18 11:35 PM.

Gene Schneider

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.