Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Hi, folks, I've got a real headscratcher for you today! I have a chance to trade for a real solid 1934 master 4dr sedan, really nice body but I'm not really into 4 doors! I'm wondering about swapping a coupe body or even a 34 pickup body onto this really good already built running gear. Are the cowlings on the master coupe and sedan body's the same? Pickups? What I would like to end up with is a stock master coupe or? I love the classic lines of the hoods and fenders on the 34. Does anyone know about hood interchange on these years? Anyone ever done a swap like this before?
Does anyone need a really good 4 dr body?
I am just not sure about the interchange possibilities in the 33 or 34 years . I know the master series is longer wheelbase than the standard, is it a wider body? I'm not looking for something butchered up, just basic interchangeability.
Thanks again for all the help, I would have been lost on my 26 superior K project if not for all the info on these forums! Johnny

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
A 1834 Master body will fit on a 1934 Master frame only.
The fenders and hood are the same for all 1934 Masters and ANY 1934 Master passenger car body will fit the frame.....there was only one frame for all body styles.

Gene Schneider
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Ok, thanks, that's good to know, what I need now is to find someone who has a coupe body and who wants a four door sedan! No big deal, right? I might win that big lottery, too!LOL!

Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Well, the trade fell thru ,so I didn't get the car, but thanks anyway for the info. Have a good day and happy motoring!! Johnny

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Originally Posted by Forever16
Hi, folks, I've got a real headscratcher for you today! I have a chance to trade for a real solid 1934 master 4dr sedan, really nice body but I'm not really into 4 doors! I'm wondering about swapping a coupe body or even a 34 pickup body onto this really good already built running gear. Are the cowlings on the master coupe and sedan body's the same? Pickups? What I would like to end up with is a stock master coupe or? I love the classic lines of the hoods and fenders on the 34. Does anyone know about hood interchange on these years? Anyone ever done a swap like this before?
Does anyone need a really good 4 dr body?
I am just not sure about the interchange possibilities in the 33 or 34 years . I know the master series is longer wheelbase than the standard, is it a wider body? I'm not looking for something butchered up, just basic interchangeability.
Thanks again for all the help, I would have been lost on my 26 superior K project if not for all the info on these forums! Johnny

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The only thing really interchangeable between a 34 master and a 34 standard is the dash panel. Basically a 34 master is a 34 master only. They made a lot of 34 masters in all the body styles, so finding a coupe 3 window or a 5 window is not out of the question. Just a lot of searching and making sure that what your buying is good quality.

Just sell the 34 master 4 door body out right. May want to find that coupe first. Swap your frame driveline from coupe to under the 4 door.

mike lynch

ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
The dash ( instrument panel) is not interchangable. The Master had a glove compartment and is wider.

Gene Schneider
ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
gene , I have a 1935 standard coupe , same as a 34 , and the 1934 master dash with glove box dash is a direct bolt in. I know I have one installed in my coupe since late 70's complete with cigarette/cigar lighter.

Only modification needed is the support rod which runs from the top center of the firewall to the lower center of the dash panel.

mike lynch

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.