Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Jonda1 Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Good advice about checking the front brake cables. I didn't. But I will now. Thanks.

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
1933 brakes are quite different from the ones in the photo. I do not have a photo to post but there is a good description of the brake system found in “Chevrolet 1933 passenger car engineering features”. Just google that title and you should find it. Go to page 17.
Two important points:
1. On the long shoe there is a guide attached to the spider, 2 o’clock position. There is a black metal spring clip that fits between that guide and the brake shoe. These are often missing.
2. While hubs are off make sure the centralizers are free to work so that you can centralize the brakes after reassembly.

Jonda1 Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
hardaground - - - That's an excellent picture. Thanks for posting it. My car is stopping much better since I adjusted the brakes, and they aren't squealing anymore. Not sure why they aren't, but I like it. I think I will do opposite of what is posted below your picture. "If it ain't broke...fix it 'til it is". I'm going to leave it alone for a while and just drive it and have fun with it. Thanks.
Dennis

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.