Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
ChatMaster - 2,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 2,000
another positive experience with steele. was dealing with them back when jay price was involved and have always been pleased with their products for the corvettes.
i recently got a windshield rubber from the Filling station, another great vendor that supplies the old chevy hobby.anyway, when the windshield rubber arrived, i attempted to install the glass in the 39 sedan delivery i'm working on currently. there was no way the rubber would fit the sedan delivery--way too large circumference for the body. i figured that the shipping bag was mis-labeled by steele so i called them for technical assistance. i was told by their techie there are at least three windshield rubbers for 39 chevys and to make a template of the windshield opening and send them template along with the repo rubber. they then shortened the rubber to fit the template i sent them. just got the modified rubber back today. has anyone else experienced a fitment problem with 39 chevy windshield rubbers? i can't image the windshield widow opening on a 39 sedan delivery would differ from that of a 39 4 dr sedan(front doors interchangeable). mike

Support The VCCA!

Enjoy the forum? Become a VCCA member! The World's Best Chevrolet and GMC Club!

Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
Mike ...rather confusing....you said you got the rubber for the windshield from Filling Station...when it didn't fit you suspected Steele mislabeled the package so sent it back to them....was it a Steele part or a Filling Station part??? I have had NOTHING but great parts and service from Steele for more than 30 years....even with the old management personnel....please clear my misconception...thx...Billu38

Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
The Filling Station is a supplier for Steele rubber parts.

laugh wink beer2

The Mangy Old Mutt

"If It's Not Junk.....It's Not Treasure!"
Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
Thx....good supplier choice by them...Billu38

ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
Steele is great. I buy a lot directly from them. Shipping is fast too.

Rick

"Never time to do it right the first time, but always time to do it over."
ChatMaster - 2,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 2,000
i bought the rubber from the filling station. it arrived in a plastic bag with a Steel label attached. rather than bother the good guys at the filling station, i called steel's technical advisor who told me there were 3 different 39 windshield openings(which i find hard to believe). Steel reps said trace the windshield opening, send it and the rubber directly to them and they'd fix the problem. they then returned my modified rubber which now fits the sedan delivery. i too have nothing but good experiences with Steel and the filling station. i posted to see if there are other 39 owners who've experienced windshield rubber fitment problems. regards, mike

ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
The parts book lists one one windsield glass and one rubber channel for all 1939 models.

Gene Schneider

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.