Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Oil Can Mechanic
OP Offline
Oil Can Mechanic
Can someone recommend a chrome plater near the SF Bay area, Sacramento? The local chrome shops are too expensive and they know there are few options for those of us who live in Taxifornia. Would the Reno area be better for the price?

ron

ron
ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
Ron,

I live in Santa Rosa now, not far from you. Before moving up here I had plating done by Faith Plating in West Hollywood and what they accomplished with a set of horribly pitted bumper guards is nothing short of miraculous. Eighteen years later that chrome is just as perfect as the day they did it. I can't say that about some of the other plating I've had done by others on my '36 Chevy PU.

When I was in their shop I saw what looked like priceless antiques there and when I picked up those bumper guards I understood. I'm an old fart now (73 this week) but I read about Faith Plating in Hot Rod Magazine when I was a teenager. They've been around that long.

Ray W raywaldbaum@gmail.com

Last edited by brino; 11/14/17 09:30 PM.
ChatMaster - 1,500
ChatMaster - 1,500
I had good luck with Sherm's but they were not cheap. Very good job on pitted pot metal.

http://www.shermsplating.com/

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.