Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#397277 10/26/17 06:30 PM
ChatMaster - 6,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 6,000
Warning: The following is silly and of no interest to anyone with an ounce of sense. It is pure babble. Nothing more. It will be a waste of your time. You could be helping the missus in the kitchen. Read at your own risk. You've been warned.

Here tis:

Every now and then I check the 46-48 forum to see if there is any activity coming out of the crypt. Usually not much. what there is could be best put in the Mr GW forum on account of it being of multiple year coverage and interest.

This site which snubs 1941, as if we had freckles and red hair, is as dry as the OK dust bowl. Now those folks are in CA. Good for them.

Back to the mausoleum. If the folks at the 46-48 cite (including the upper crust Fleetliners) want to have something to talk about without edging on the 1941/2 folks they could discuss the improvements over their lowly predecessors. For instance:

a. How much faster they ran with those aerodynamic cap on the fender/front doors. I'm sure the test trials made it difficult to snap the stop-watch right on time to produce sterling improvement over the 41. Such excitement must have gone through those witnessing this outstanding achievement that Champagne(sp) must have flowed for hours.

b. The lowered hood. Wow. Talk about something modern, What were they trying to achieve? Shoebox status like a 49 Frod?

c. The improvement of the 48 accessory hood ornament over the 47? Now who in the world thinks that was an improvement. It looks like the 48 should have come first and then the 47. Or is it just me? That brings to my mind the failure to have the 41 discs on the 40 and the shark teeth on the 41. Very similar questions. What were they thinking? These decisions don't happen over night. Right?

d. And the "T" bar in the middle of the 48 grille. This decision was surely made by the same people who were to design a horse and came up with a camel. And I'm not talking a smoke either.

e. Why didn't the convertible and the station wagon get those extra trim pieces on the front and rear fenders. Now that is a mystery that boggles the mind.

Well, we curious ones will die from the dust emitting from the dead space here on this forum long before any of these above items are openly discussed. I suspect that ” hey are something embarrassing about them and they try to keep them close held so as not to bring negative thoughts to mind in those of outside forum interest. Must be.

What do you think? Whilst you're thinking about this Dead Sea Scroll forum, I'll get out the mop and feather duster or better, the industrial sized vaccuum cleaner and have a go at it, as our mates down under might say.

This site reminds me of Halloween. Lots of bats and goblins around. Key the music from the "Night before Christmas."

Agrin Agrin Agrin Agrin Agrin Agrin Agrin Agrin Agrin Agrin

Charlie computer bananadead

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

41specialdeluxe #397284 10/26/17 09:07 PM
ChatMaster - 1,500
ChatMaster - 1,500
no interest to anyone with an ounce of sense

[Linked Image from pic100.picturetrail.com] devil devil devil

Russell #38868
'48 4 door Fleetline

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.