Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Peterw Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Hi
In the cowl lamp there is a spring clip. It is held by a screw to the back of the lamp and the two "Arms" bend over at the end and hook into the bezel. Tightening up he screw pulls the bezel and lens up to the body of the lamp.

I desperately need one (or two) of these clips. The hooked end has broken and I cannot get he bezel to tighten up.
The FS does not stock them. Does anyone have any ideas where I might get one?

PeterW
Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

ChatMaster - 15,000
Online Happy
ChatMaster - 15,000
Your most inexpensive fix is to find someone locally can bend a new spring out of music wire. Most music instrument repair facilities have wire that they remove from stringed instruments (pianos, guitars etc.). The wire can be bent with pliers. Jewelry repair shops and makers even have special pliers to bend the wire.

If you can't find someone to do it then let us know. Shipping from the USA can be very expensive compared with the cost of the spring.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
Peterw Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Thanks, I had not thought of that idea, but I will bear it in mind. Since the earlier post I was advised by FS to try Bruce Bugay and he has a second hand one he is sending to me. However I will bear your suggestion in mind.

PeterW

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.