Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
More stories are needed on the project Chevrolets that our member are doing themselves or with the help of other members. Members helping members is an important part of this organization.

Dave Cufr #12505
1927 Capitol coupe
1928 National 4-door
1928 Speedster
1936 Standard Town Sedan
1975 Nova Custom Hatchback
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Finally got the mag... great story..great car... more of these stories please Mr editor

Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
Next month focuses on 1964.
I don't own one, but I still liked the articles.

--Bill

Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
I just read this thread while looking for an answer to another question I have. The cover car in the July 2014 G&D is mine......1939 Master Deluxe coupe. I appreciate the positive comments and those supportive of the color choice i made for the car. I purchased this car in 1963 when I was 15 years old. She and I have been together for 58 years! What a ride we have had and continue to have together! The G&D article in the July 2014 issue contains some of the stories and pictures from this time. This includes first dates with my high school sweetheart who became my wife, along with numerous other events. The '39 is 82 and I am 73. I guess that makes us both vintage models. I'll have to say she is better looking today than she was is '63 and that is not the case with me. :} These relationships that we establish with our cars and car buddies is what VCCA is all about. The color my '39 is not very significant compared to the wonderful times (and some not so wonderful] that the ole '39 and I have experienced together. Thanks to all my car buddies who have shared this with me.

Gary Lovell VCCA #35178 - Marion, Ohio

1 member likes this: 38chevy
ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
I got a message in my mail but no picture Gene Schneidet

Gene Schneider
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
When my Great Grandfather bought his 38 MD, he had almost every option available added, plus some dealer options. Originally Kashan Green, he had it repainted Robin’s Egg Blue before delivery. He drove it until 1967. Now I show it several times a year. Always somebody telling me certain parts aren’t original or correct. They have all been on the car since 1938.

Originally owned by my Great Grandfather. Restored by my Dad. Now up to me to keep it going.
ChatMaster - 6,000
ChatMaster - 6,000
Warning: You may wish you had skipped reading the following rant but read on at your own peril. Your call.

I'm sure that there are folks out there who point out errors in a car and by doing so, in a way that could irritate the owner.

Having said that, I also think that when we know that we have errors in our car that we may overreact to the above people and, also, to those who have your best interest at heart and are merely trying to help.

Folks pointing out errors of another's car need to be especially sensitive to the possibility that their advice and information may not be well received. Thus, it would always be a good thing to do so when the time is ripe or not at all.

On the other shoe, the owner who knows he has faults or errors in his car should not be so hasty in sensing insult where none is intended.

I was at the Hershey car a few years ago when the restorer of the 1941 Chevrolet convertible that was in the museum there at Hershey, and I were admiring a 1941 that had been restored by a man and his two sons from Lancaster. Pa. The restorer pointed out that there was a bolt in the fender where it was attached to the body up near the rear of the hood opening, i.e. near the cowl. The information was taken well by the owner. On the other hand, I asked about the lack of a reverse polarity switch on the starter. This was received in not as gracious manner and I was told that all 1941 didn't have the reverse polarity switch. l didn't argue and left it at that. Later, here on the Chat, I asked about by posing the question. Gene whose opinion I respect, replied that all 1941s had them. Now, I consider the owner a good friend and we have shared many a moment together at Hershey where they (he and one or two of his sons) generally stop by my vendor's booth. They are good people and their car won a Jr status and then Senior status. Over the years their car has been there and shown as a preservation item. I went to the car show last year but I never found the Chevrolets that were surely on display. Given to Hershey's love for Fords I wouldn't doubt that they were stuffed into a back corner of the woods or somewhere else of little prominence. Who knows?

The point with all this is that I believe some of the negative reaction(s( by an owner may be warranted, especially when not considering other listening ears that may be present and thus a source embarrassment to the owner but then some may be overreacting negatively on being informed of their oversight in their car and its restoration, etc, as if caught with their hand in the cookie jar. In other words there may be improvement in both sides of the dilemma of how to behave ourselves. I know that I can always use improvement and I seek such education in deportment. Do too!

I hope to get to the anniversary meet this year and bring my 41. I will hope that all who see me or my car will not withhold any advice or fail to point out errors or mistakes in the car. I will not be offended in any way but, rather,grateful in that knowing better i can fix the errors or mistakes.

Best,

Charlie computer

BTW: I hope I have not offended anyone for none was intended.

1 member likes this: MrSwadener
ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
In short, be gracious in your constructive comments and forthright with your praise.

Be kind so that feelings are not hurt. All vintage vehicle owners are somewhat sensitive about their babies and rightly so. They are our children.

This is an old thread, but one that touches on ideas that are always relevant.

Then, there are us strange folks that thoroughly enjoy the derogatory comments made about our rust buckets.

;-) Dean

Dean 'Rustoholic' Meltz
old and ugly is beautiful!

Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
Well said Charlie!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Support The VCCA!

Enjoy the forum? Become a VCCA member! The World's Best Chevrolet and GMC Club!

Member Photos
1964 Chevrolet Impala SS
1964 Chevrolet Impala SS
by DreamChevy, February 17
My 1933 Chevy 2 Dr. Sedan
My 1933 Chevy 2 Dr. Sedan
by 1939Chevy1, November 24
Back on the road 79 years later
2 1927 Chevrolet Trucks
2 1927 Chevrolet Trucks
by 1927TRUCKS, June 7
Who's Online Now
1 members (swedechev), 78 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
NeilA, Jayhicks, Tomvanhouten, Dads29Chevy, Tractorman
18,308 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
SabrinaKarras, Speedy1
Forum Statistics
Forums58
Topics59,072
Posts429,077
Members18,308
Most Online1,133
Jan 22nd, 2020

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.