Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Can anyone recommend a good brand clamp on passenger door mirror with enough curve in it to get past the door pillar? Every mirror I've looked at/tried ends up being blocked by the pillar and can't see unless I lean over to the right and back to get the pillar out of the way. The mirrors I've looked at are either curved but too short or not curved and too long. I'm trying to avoid a peep mirror on the top of the door because I'll then have to repaint the portion of the door area where the clamp on mirror that I have now is installed. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
I feel your pain. The only solution I found was to go the peep mirror route, and then I got a convex 4" mirror glass to pop in place of the stock glass. That's about the only thing that I could see out of and have it work well. Its not the best, but it works for me.

Any other solutions or mirrors that would work I'd be interested in as well.

-Daryl Scott #45848
1947 Chevrolet Fleetline Sportmaster Sedan
1976 Chevrolet C20 Fleetside

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Ed

You can always install a peep mirror and leave the other mirror in place untill you find th corect one.
Tip: Installing a peep mirror make sure there is no straight contact between the fastening screws and the car paint, due to vibrations your paint will be damaged ( do not ask how I know) hood
driving
Jianis

Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Thanks for the helpful suggestions. I was almost sure that I wouldn't be able to find exactly what I was looking for after seeing a few '46-'48s (all having peep mirrors) each year during Hot August Nights. And, JianisNI, I think I know why I don't need to ask.

Last edited by Ed Dannan; 09/05/12 01:48 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.