Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Hi,

New to the forum, have a question regarding a frame for my 41 Master Deluxe Sedan. It is a 2 door, and it is in need of a frame.

I was wondering if anyone has any idea what newer model car or even small truck frame can be used for this project. I would like to upgrade suspension, brakes, etc.

If anyone has done this, what was involved? Other than body mounting points, was there much additional modification required?

Was thinking of grafting the newer floor plan in depending on how close it fits.

Any insites will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Become a Member!

JOIN THE VCCA and get access to the member-only features of the forum, including the ability to upload photos. You'll also receive our monthly magazine "Generator & Distributor". Yearly membership as low as $25!

ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
The 1941-1948 frames are the same. The convertible frame is very different but the other body styles are all the same.

Gene Schneider
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Thank you for the response. But I am wanting to know about swapping a newer frame from a 70's or possibily 80's vehicle so I can get the newer brakes, suspension, steering and such.

Does anybody have any experiences good or bad with that? I would sure like to hear and maybe get some ides of which ones worked better than others.

Thanks.

Technical Advisor
ChatMaster - 10,000
Technical Advisor
ChatMaster - 10,000

Hi and welcome to our Chevy Chat II. I would like to advise you about our site.

Welcome to the Vintage Chevrolet Club of America's official web site. We are a nonprofit organization dedicated to the preservation and restoration of all years of Chevrolets.

Note that we are selling the preservation of the vehicles as originally built. As such you may not get much response to your questions. It is suggested you search for other sites that specialize in modifications. You are still welcome to visit with us.

devil Agrin

RAY

Chevradioman
http://www.vccacolumbiariverregion.org/

1925 Superior K Roadster
1928 Convertible, Sport, Cabriolet
1933 Eagle, Coupe
1941 Master Deluxe 5-Passenger Coupe
1950 Styleline Deluxe 4-Door Sedan
1950 Styleline Deluxe Convertible
2002 Pontiac, Montana, Passenger Van
2014 Impala, 4-Door Sedan, White Diamond, LTZ
2017 Silverado, Double Cab, Z71, 4X4, White, Standard Bed, LTZ

If you need a shoulder to cry on, pull off to the side of the road.
Death is the number 1 killer in the world.

ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
There are few to none that frequent this site that have experience with the changes that you contemplate. I understand that the Chevy S-10 has been used for some years. I suspect that matching the wheelbase length is the most important dimension.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.