Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
blueyAU Offline OP
ChatMaster - 750
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 750
Hi there,
I purchased new light conduits for the headlights and they are to big to go through the hole in the headlight. These lights were NOS bought many years ago at swap-meet. The original lights have the larger hole and the conduits will go through.
I have removed one of the NOS lights and want to strip and use the parts in the old headlights.

[Linked Image from i865.photobucket.com]

The Problem :
see the pictures, I cant get the reflector off the NOS lights. The reflector seems to be spring loaded and wont release?
I can see the round spring behind the bulb holder and that I believe holds the holder to the reflector?
so how can I remove the reflector? any ideas?
What goes in, must come out, but how?

Peter

never give 100% unless you are giving blood.

ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
The reflector is held in by the lens and ring and kinda snaps into the bucket. There should be a tab on the reflector and notch in the bucket. Slip a small screw driver into the notch and carefully lever the reflector out.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
blueyAU Offline OP
ChatMaster - 750
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 750
Hi Chipper,

I did as you advised and the reflector just popped out with some force. It must be a very tight fit.

I then tried to fit it in the other buckets with the larger hole and found out that the reflector is about 2mm larger than the Holden bucket, so I will go back to finding a way to locate the new wiring into the original lights.

Jerry Swanson of the "filling station", kindly sent me pictures of the inside of an old light bucket and of the various possibilities of parts to fit it up and make it work. So that is what I will now do...

cheers
Peter

never give 100% unless you are giving blood.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.