Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
ab_buff Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Jerry
Just read the article in G&D. Very nice. I saw your car in Flint and thought you did a superb job on the restoration, very well done and I'm glad you took on the project. In reading the article I think I would have like to have meet Howard, he sounded like someone I would have liked to have known. Anyway good job and thanks again for sharing your car with us. One more thing I noticed you didn't let your mother in-law sit on the fender in the recent photo.

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Dale,

Thanks for the kind words. When some of the G&D folks at Flint saw the older 1942 picture of my Mother-in-Law sitting on the 34's fender and then saw her by the car they approached She and my wife, Carolyn, about doing a story on the history of the car and it's restoration.

I thought maybe it might warrant a picture with a short article. I was totally amazed that it got so much coverage. Maybe it was all the pictures my wife emailed and sent on a CD and the information she submitted.

My only regret is that my Father-in-law is gone and can't enjoy the coverage. He was a interesting, talkative, and great guy and would have loved seeing his car in the G & D.

Oh, I didn't ask her to sit on the fender. It's a bit more slippery than it was back in 1942. But she is in excellent health, at 85, and could have done it.

By the way, as a former Editor and Publisher of a state professional teacher's Journal, I'll bet the G & D folks really appreciate members sending in stories and pictures of their cars. They are doing an absolutely amazing job. It is a top-notch publication but new material is always needed and welcome.

1934 Three Window Coupe
[img]http://www.youngsdecks.com/YoungsDecks/1934_Chevy.html[/img]

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.