Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
ggreen Offline OP
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
need help found a 1948 sedan delivery with factory windows, are they common or rare i have seen sedan deliverys without windows but not one with windows thanks

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
I have never seen any material that showed that Chevrolet offered rear quarter windows in a 1940-1954 sedan delivery. The conversion would have been done by an outside sorce after the unit was delivered to the dealer.
Would be like the modern conversion vans that have windows cut into the body sides.

Gene Schneider
ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
Several years ago I saw an article in one of the many old car magazines about 1948 Chevrolet Sedan Deliveries. The focus of this article was the fleet of 48 Sedan Deliveries that the TVA ( Tennessee Valley Authority ) ordered special for power line inspection. These units had windows only in the passanger side rear panel area and it was a fixed window as I recall. I wish I would have kept the article. Hope that helps some.

Member 45+ years, been around since the beginning !

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.