Last night I noticed a 1961 Impala Sport Sedan for sale on Craig's List. It's located a half-hour from my house, so I called the seller and arranged to see it. This morning, I invited John Mahoney along to inspect the car with me and he accepted. As we were driving to see the car, another VCCA member, Roy Brinker, called John on his cell phone about an unrelated matter. When John mentioned that we were on our way to inspect the Impala, Roy asked us what color it was. When we told him it was Ermine White over Tuxedo Black with a red interior, he told us to go home. Roy had seen this car at a local car show two weeks ago and that it was in poor condition and needed a lot of work. I immediately turned around and went home, saving gas and time. I thanked Roy over the speaker phone and will thank him again when I see him at our region meeting.

If anyone knows of a decent 1961 four-door Biscayne, Bel Air, or Impala with powerglide and power steering for sale within three hours of Long Island, I'd like to take a look at it.