VCCA Home
Posted By: impalabob Wide white wall tires. - 02/10/15 05:38 PM
Want to replace www radials currently on my '58 Impala(rear Cokers, front Goodyears), not too happy with either brand.
In researching, came across Calli Tires out of Sacramento, CA. They use black wall tires and add the white rubber(2", 2.5" etc.), supposedly the same process used by Diamondback tires at about half the cost. See their website.
Anyone using these tires?
Appreciate any feedback.
Posted By: bobg1951chevy Re: Wide white wall tires. - 02/10/15 10:24 PM
Look here. Some comments.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/calli-whitewalls-anybody-running-them.862589/
Posted By: impalabob Re: Wide white wall tires. - 02/11/15 12:20 AM
Previously read all these. Looking for more info, like what brand of tire do they use, has anyone been riding on these tires, etc.???
Thanks for taking the time to check this out.
Posted By: kevin47 Re: Wide white wall tires. - 02/11/15 12:37 AM
Might try posting this question in another forum to get more opinions...Just suggesting...I run Goodyear's bias on the 'ol jalopy...Your probably looking for higher performance...
Posted By: Junkyard Dog Re: Wide white wall tires. - 02/11/15 02:25 AM
Might try posting this question in another forum to get more opinions

The question was also posted in the "New To Chat" forum as well. Ya just gotta pay better attention as to what is going on! ha ha!

laugh wink beer2

Posted By: kevin47 Re: Wide white wall tires. - 02/11/15 04:02 AM
Oh well, wish I had that kind of time to hang out and stay on top of the latest posts...!
Posted By: 6cylindersovertexas Re: Wide white wall tires. - 02/12/15 03:52 AM
I will tell you I have been running Diamondbacks on my truck for about ten years now and have NO problems at all. I have no problem recommending them to you!
Posted By: the toolman Re: Wide white wall tires. - 02/13/15 03:27 PM
I have been running Diamondbacks for about 6 years. I love everything about them except for the cost. A little pricey.

dtm
Posted By: decarter Re: Wide white wall tires. - 02/13/15 10:25 PM
Just be aware if you choose the Diamondbacks that they do not look like original wide whites.
Posted By: Back Roads Re: Wide white wall tires. - 02/14/15 03:54 PM
How about Coker Classic WW Tires? Any experience?
Posted By: kevin47 Re: Wide white wall tires. - 02/14/15 05:13 PM
I've sent emails to Coker with questions regarding their tires, only to never hear back from them...So, all I know is they want about a grand for four, dropped off on my front porch...
Posted By: Ed_Osier Re: Wide white wall tires. - 02/14/15 05:22 PM
I have a set of the Coker WW on my '37 and have been very happy with them. I think I have read that some people have had problems with them but I haven't had any. They are size 600x16.
On edit, I should say they are bias ply not radials.
Posted By: bowtieollie Re: Wide white wall tires. - 05/01/15 12:51 AM
The reproduction bias ply WWW tires have serious QC issues - so be prepared to return them, remount, rebalance, and possibly do it again.

I have seen runout issues that are a JOKE, balance issues as well. It is a shame because the tires are not cheap and the shipping can make a grown man cry.

I do not care if its says Goodyear, BFG, Firestone, or General on the sidewall - they are all made by the same company then distributed through markets such as Coker.
Posted By: 6cylindersovertexas Re: Wide white wall tires. - 05/14/15 02:33 AM
I have been very happy with my Diamond Back SE Radial Wide Whites. No problems at all.
© Vintage Chevrolet Club - Discussion Forum