VCCA Home
Posted By: 41specialdeluxe Red Head - 12/30/11 01:12 PM
What was on the end cap of the red head flashlight for 1941 and other years that you got from Chevrolet? I thought there was a Chevrolet emblem or something on it. I may be wrong and would not want to make a mistake if I boutht the the one now on ebay.

Ray, Gene, Chipper, JD, Uncle Ed, Ed in Ohiyer, Tiny, Wuwizut, DrDavid, MrMack and others, what say ye?
Charlie computer
Posted By: AntiqueMechanic Re: Red Head - 12/30/11 05:25 PM

That is NOT a correct 1941 flashlight. The body and head is correct but the end cap is generic. The correct end cap had GM and I can't remember exactly what else, but it was specific to GM.

devil Agrin
Posted By: 41specialdeluxe Re: Red Head - 12/31/11 01:47 AM
Ray,
That's what I thought.
Thanks,
Charlie computer
Posted By: rod Re: Red Head - 01/01/12 11:51 PM
It had the GM logo with the "APPROVED" "ACCESSORIES" on each side. This was over top of the name Red Head. Under that "Refill with GM Cells".
I have pictures of one that was on e-bay about ten years ago, But it won't scan good enough to post.
Posted By: 5window34 Re: Red Head - 03/19/12 02:45 PM
The correct end cap for the GM red head flashlight is a flat base that has the GM logo on it. It reads GM approved accessories the words red head in script form and refill with GM cells in block letters. This flashlight was common for the 38-42 GM cars
Posted By: 1942aerosedan Re: Red Head - 03/26/12 04:03 AM
here's a picture of my original GM redhead flashlight
[Linked Image from i38.photobucket.com]
© Vintage Chevrolet Club - Discussion Forum