VCCA Home
Posted By: Oldie Question for Novasscott - 02/07/06 12:35 AM
Steve,

I had my vehicle judged at two events during the 2005 season and received a Preservation Miniature at each event. In the past, when the Certificates were mailed out, a backer plate was provided for the Miniature with the Meet identifier inscribed on it for placement under the Minature. Has that practice been discontinued as none were received this past year?

Thanks, Dick
Posted By: Oldie Re: Question for Novasscott - 02/07/06 09:29 PM
Steve,

Murphy's Law struck today. Guess what came in the mail? Received the Area 4 Minature Award "backing plate". I suspect the Area 7 plate will follow shortly. Sorry for the inconvience of asking a dumb question. Thanks,

Dick
Posted By: John 348/340HP Re: Question for Novasscott - 02/08/06 01:21 AM
Dick,
Just to give you some insight as to the delay. Russell Heim the awards coordinator became pretty ill with some kidney issues that required surgery (twice). This compounding the fact that he was a little behind to begin with caused the delay. Also the VCCA gets a better price on the engraving if it can all be done at the same time, and there were delays other paperwork arriving from some of the meets. We also need to keep in mind that only a few years ago when Harold was handling it the standard practice was to get the engravings in February. I think Russ has done a fine job considering all of the problems he has had this year
John Mahoney Assistant Chair Judging Committee
Posted By: MrMack Re: Question for Novasscott - 02/08/06 04:39 AM
John, this points out how our club operates, and that isn't a criticism. I think we do well for a bunch of old Chevrolet fans, old fans and long time fans, Some of the members don't realize that often the major work on a project is done by one person without any sign of a backup or staff that can take over in a hurry, It is a unique situation and everyone hangs in there and makes it work.

God Bless them all, Those that work and those that wait....
Posted By: Oldie Re: Question for Novasscott - 02/08/06 01:37 PM
John,

Thank you for the update to my question regarding the Minature Award backing plate. I'm sorry to hear of Russell Herim's health problems and hope that he improves quickly. My inquiry on the Backer Plates was not intended to be of a critical nature at all. Early on I attached the first Minature award to the Main Board before receival of the backer plate, unaware that such an item was forthcoming. When the Backer Plate was received, removal and reinstallation of the Minature became a real problem.

Thanks again. Dick
Posted By: novasscott Re: Question for Novasscott - 02/13/06 10:42 PM
John thanks for getting back. I was out of commission for the last few days. All of you should be getting caught up with in the next week or so except the Area 1 Meet, which we received the paperwork on this past weekend.
laugh
© Vintage Chevrolet Club - Discussion Forum