VCCA Home
Posted By: Beast '49 Chev 5700 COE - 02/14/13 08:47 PM
Help!!!! I'm new to this so bear with me. I have a 49 chev 5700 COE and I need door weatherstripping and door window beltlines for both doors. My truck had no rubber at all so I have nothing to match the extrusions to. I've tried Steele and Classic Parts and neither one can tell me what to use. Does anyone know where and if I can get the correct rubber pieces? Possibly part numbers..... I'm guessing that a 3100 1/2 ton with the same vintage might work but I figured that I would give this forum a shot and ask around before I just hack into it and make something work. I appreciate any help. Thanks
Posted By: MrMack Re: '49 Chev 5700 COE - 02/14/13 09:24 PM
Maybe your forum moderator will have some good advice for your project wave
Posted By: donsbigtrucks Re: '49 Chev 5700 COE - 02/15/13 01:49 AM
Doesn't look like there is a moderator these days.
Jim Carter has stuff for your COE, their website has a catalog on it also.
Posted By: Junkyard Dog Re: '49 Chev 5700 COE - 02/15/13 02:14 AM
Maybe your forum moderator will have some good advice for your project

???????

There is no moderator for the Commercial Vehicles & COE forum.

Beast: Welcome to Chevy Chatter and we glad that you are here. Jim Carter is a good choice and you also migh want to check with the Filling Station in Lebanon, Oregon for the parts that you need as well. Here is their website: www.fillingstation.com

laugh wink beer2

Posted By: Beast Re: '49 Chev 5700 COE - 02/15/13 05:17 PM
Thanks. I contacted the Filling Station and they were very quick to respond with great results with pictures, good pricing and part numbers that should work for me. I will be purchasing from them for other things also. Thanks for the info....problem solved (I hope)
Posted By: Junkyard Dog Re: '49 Chev 5700 COE - 02/15/13 10:07 PM
Cool! We always like to hear the good news when a problem is solved.

Good luck with your project!

laugh wink beer2
Posted By: AntiqueMechanic Re: '49 Chev 5700 COE - 02/15/13 10:23 PM

Hi, You now have a Moderator on this thread. Keep it calm and let's have a good instructional thread devoted to questions and answers about the Commercial Vehicles and the COE.

Agrin devil
Posted By: donsbigtrucks Re: '49 Chev 5700 COE - 02/15/13 10:59 PM
Glad to hear we have a leader of the pack. Thanks Ray.
© Vintage Chevrolet Club - Discussion Forum