VCCA Home
Posted By: Oldie Pontiac/Oakland Club accepts GMC - 02/25/02 02:08 PM
Recent article in our local newspaper stated that the membership of the Pontiac - Oakland Club had voted to accept the GMC marque into their fold. I congradulate them on their foresight in making this change. Just another example of the VCCA allowing another portion of this great hobby to slip through our finger tips.
Posted By: John 348/340HP Re: Pontiac/Oakland Club accepts GMC - 02/26/02 12:03 AM
Oldie I agree with you 100% I thought the same thing when I read the article
John 348/340HP :(
Posted By: Chipper Re: Pontiac/Oakland Club accepts GMC - 02/26/02 05:51 AM
I have mixed feelings on this. Though there are similarities to Chevy trucks for many years, the GMCs used Pontiac engines for many of their early trucks. So there is a fit for them.
Posted By: Junkyard Dog Re: Pontiac/Oakland Club accepts GMC - 02/26/02 02:54 PM
How about for the many years that GMC's not only used Chevrolet engines, but they were Chevrolets except for the "GMC" script? laugh laugh
Posted By: John 348/340HP Re: Pontiac/Oakland Club accepts GMC - 02/26/02 06:24 PM
Like now? :eek:
Posted By: MudbugnTexas Re: Pontiac/Oakland Club accepts GMC - 02/26/02 06:51 PM
Hey guys that would mean we would have to call them The VCGMCA, WeW!!! :p
Posted By: philsparks Re: Pontiac/Oakland Club accepts GMC - 03/10/02 04:51 AM
Let's think....Yes, GMC and Chevies share a lot of common parts. But so do '40 Chevies and Buicks. Camaro and Firebird. Chevelle SS and GTO.

And, GMCs were never sold under the Chevy banner.

I have been a member of the VCCA for 33 years and appreciate the emphasis on the Chevrolet marque.

Let's focus on our common bond and not extraneous issues. We all knew what VCCA was about when we joined. And I STILL think its the greatest car club around! However, Pontiac, Oakland, Chevy, Ford, Buick, and GMC owners, we can all come together under the AACA organization! wink
Posted By: Junkyard Dog Re: Pontiac/Oakland Club accepts GMC - 03/10/02 06:32 AM
Good point.....except that the "Forerunners" are not Chevrolets and they are part of the VCCA. :confused:
Posted By: John 348/340HP Re: Pontiac/Oakland Club accepts GMC - 03/11/02 10:36 PM
VERY GOOD JYD, VERY GOOD!!!!!
Posted By: Junkyard Dog Re: Pontiac/Oakland Club accepts GMC - 03/12/02 01:23 AM
I knew that you would like that one!! laugh laugh laugh

Sometimes I kill me!! :eek: :) :) :)
Posted By: DdeuceMan. Re: Pontiac/Oakland Club accepts GMC - 03/17/02 10:48 PM
:p Is he good or what? chevy devil
Posted By: Mothertrucker Re: Pontiac/Oakland Club accepts GMC - 03/26/02 04:06 AM
Pontiacs & Oldsmobiles are one thing.
Chevy & GMC trucks are another. chevy
© Vintage Chevrolet Club - Discussion Forum