VCCA Home
Posted By: XLVIIdriver 53rd Central Meet - 07/20/16 03:02 AM
For those who did not make this meet, you missed a good one. The tour to the National Museum of the Great Lakes was great and the local cruise-in provided VCCA members the chance to see other makes of vehicles owned by the locals. Of course the opposite of that was also true. The meet was well organized and the Glass Capitol Region deserves a big "Thank You"

Dick
Posted By: Back Roads Re: 53rd Central Meet - 07/20/16 10:14 AM
Any work on where the 54th Central Meet will be held?
Posted By: ChevyGuru Re: 53rd Central Meet - 07/20/16 02:59 PM
Elmira, NY
Posted By: Back Roads Re: 53rd Central Meet - 07/20/16 05:43 PM
Don, Do you mean Elvira?
Posted By: XLVIIdriver Re: 53rd Central Meet - 07/21/16 02:02 PM
Elmira,NY would be correct.
Posted By: Back Roads Re: 53rd Central Meet - 07/21/16 03:13 PM
I know it is Elmira. I have been there on Six Cylinder Tours. I just wasted to get raise out of Don.
Posted By: Chip Re: 53rd Central Meet - 07/21/16 11:46 PM
Only one person on this site knows where Elvira is. She's at his house and I met her.

All the Best, Chip
Posted By: ChevyGuru Re: 53rd Central Meet - 07/22/16 12:12 AM
Yep, me, too. And, we drank a beer together there. Maybe two.

More likely to get a raise out of that guy, Jim.
Posted By: VCCA Son Re: 53rd Central Meet - 07/24/16 01:56 AM
The Meet was a great time. The Thursday evening activity, the tour, lunch at Tony Paco's Cafe ( did not need dinner Friday ) the Cruise In. Most of all the people that attend VCCA Meets / Tours.

I received a phone call from home that my wife was in the hospital Friday after we returned from the Cruise In. The support that I received after getting that phone call was overwhelming. From verbal support to an offer to store my car and loan me a modern car to head home. She did not want me heading home at that hour after the day in the sun. Others agreed. So I headed out Saturday morning at the sight of the sun rising. I did not get a chance to say so-long to very many people or thank many for the support I received. As I said earlier it is the people that a so special. So THANK YOU to the Glass Capitol Region for a great meet and THANK YOU to all the friends new and old that offered support at the meet and since returning home.

My wife is doing OK at this point. A couple Dr appointments last week and we have a plan.
Posted By: 63novaandy Re: 53rd Central Meet - 07/25/16 09:15 PM
We are glad everything turned out okay for you and your wife. Also I'm glad you enjoyed the meet! And for dad's offer he figured going in his extra modern car you could get home faster and we could get you your 48 after the meet was over that way you could take care of things wink
© Vintage Chevrolet Club - Discussion Forum