VCCA Home
Posted By: RalphL Lehigh Valley All Cylinder Tour - 08/22/09 03:22 AM
Has anyone heard anything about this meet co-hosted by Pine Barrens Region and New Jersey Region this weekend? Just checked the weather and they're calling for thunderstorms all day and night through Monday - with flash flood warnings!
Posted By: John 348/340HP Re: Lehigh Valley All Cylinder Tour - 08/22/09 03:40 AM
Sometimes we get wet!
John
Posted By: RalphL Re: Lehigh Valley All Cylinder Tour - 08/22/09 04:06 AM
Hopefully it won't dampen our spirits!! iagree
Posted By: Bill Barker Re: Lehigh Valley All Cylinder Tour - 08/22/09 04:48 AM
Last Tuesday I drove my '66 Corvette in the pouring rain 190 miles from Seattle to Vancouver, Washington for the Northwest VCCA Meet. Then it rained off and on for the next two days.

The "funny" thing about it? The weather man had predicted Bright and Sunny weather for the entire six days of the Meet.

I had never driven my car in the rain before. I breathed a sign of relief when I turned the wipers on for the first time. I had NEVER tried them before!!! My wife noticed and said "What's the problem?" I told her that "I was just thinking about the RainEx that I had in my breakdown box." Which was in the back of someone elses truck!!!

Note: There isn't much storatge in the back of a Vette. But you probably already suspected that.

GOOD LUCK On the East Coast.
Posted By: AntiqueMechanic Re: Lehigh Valley All Cylinder Tour - 08/22/09 06:55 AM

Bill did not tell you that his 66 Corvette won it's class, AND Best of Show V-8.

Good work Bill,

Agrin devil
Posted By: John 348/340HP Re: Lehigh Valley All Cylinder Tour - 08/22/09 10:59 AM
I can't make this one, and it is close, there was just too much going on this week
If you want to talk about rain, we toured Nova Scotia and had 5 out of 6 days of heavy rain and still pounded out 1000 miles. It is a roll of the dice with these events. We are now looking into sites for 2016 and a big part of the selection is what to expect with weather
John
Posted By: Junkyard Dog Re: Lehigh Valley All Cylinder Tour - 08/22/09 02:45 PM
The weather man had predicted Bright and Sunny weather for the entire six days of the Meet.

Have you ever seen a weather man that could predict the weather.....even when he is looking out the window??

laugh wink beer2
Posted By: RalphL Re: Lehigh Valley All Cylinder Tour - 08/23/09 02:06 AM
Well, we're here. The ride up wasn't bad - a few sprinkles and light rain. Otherwise the drive was easy enough, although it's raining a bit now. Looks to be a good meet. Regards to all and take care!
Posted By: greg72monte Re: Lehigh Valley All Cylinder Tour - 08/23/09 01:18 PM
I am registered but decided not to come.
Unfortunately, it is raining here in NJ. After spending 10 hours detailing my car yesterday, I decided it wasn't worth driving it 75 miles in the rain (no trailer) for a preservation award. I was really looking forward to this meet, as I have not been able to attend one since "Bumpers & Burgers" in NJ in 2006.
Posted By: RalphL Re: Lehigh Valley All Cylinder Tour - 08/23/09 04:04 PM
Well, the Lord has smiled on us today! You couldn't ask for a more beautiful day. The sun is shining and the sky is clear. Too bad you didn't come this morning. The judges are finishing up and tomorrow starts the tours. Just catching a small bite to eat and heading back outside. Cheers!
:vcca:
Posted By: bowtieollie Re: Lehigh Valley All Cylinder Tour - 08/25/09 07:31 PM
The show was excellent - as Mother Nature cooperated.

Looks like the Tour will be just as much fun!

I left early and could not enjoy the Tour - but the show had some fantastic cars.

Last year with Dennis Siciliano as the Big Kahuna - he sure did a fantastic job.
© Vintage Chevrolet Club - Discussion Forum