VCCA Home
Posted By: PerryS 31 Cab - Running Board Mats - Need Source - 01/15/13 07:50 PM
I have tried the sources listed on this site, on Barkerville, and no one I have been able to contact still makes reproduction mats. I am interested in finding a source. Those who have recently restored 31 cars, where did you go to get reproduction mats? HELP!

Thank you in advance

Perry A. Seaton
I spoke to Wendy at I&I last week & I think she was saying she still had some. You might call her to verify...Joe
American Antique Auto Parts shows them in their online catalog. Runningboard Mats You can check with them to see if they still have them or are out of stock.
Posted By: PerryS Re: 31 Cab - Running Board Mats - Need Source - 01/16/13 03:29 AM
I will contact them tomorrow, and will let you know if they have these items in stock. If that is the case, Bill Barker may want to update the information on his website for useful vendors. Vendors for 31 Runningboard mats are extremely hard to find, and I'm sure I'm not the only one looking.

Thanks for your help.
Posted By: PerryS Re: 31 Cab - Running Board Mats - Need Source - 01/17/13 01:35 AM
I will check with Wendy - but have ordered other parts last week and the sales person told me that there were none to be had. Hope your information is correct.

Thanks
Posted By: PerryS Re: 31 Cab - Running Board Mats - Need Source - 01/17/13 01:36 AM
No go here. I called them, and was told that they haven't had them for years. They definitely need to update their web site.

I will keep looking.

Thanks
I suspected that might be the case but figured it would be worth a call. There was a guy in New York that molded them to fit around the edge. Can't find if he still is in business or not.
Posted By: Oldie Re: 31 Cab - Running Board Mats - Need Source - 01/17/13 02:40 PM
The New York individual is Michael Mordus Sr. Try calling him at 315-684-1050. I believe he is still doing running board mats. The business card I have is at least 5 years old so things may have changed. The address on the card is:

4053 State Rt 26
Eaton, NY 13334
Posted By: PerryS Re: 31 Cab - Running Board Mats - Need Source - 01/19/13 08:20 PM
Joe:

Thank you. I spoke to Wendy. She had a back stock of 31 mats that she was not selling because the mats are 1/2" short from spec. She explained that this could be fixed by applying a bit of heat and stretching over several days and then installing with proper adhesive.

You are a life saver parking
I bought beautiful '31 running board mats from Gary Wallace last year. Call him at (314) 293-1991.
© Vintage Chevrolet Club - Discussion Forum