VCCA Home
Posted By: TomLewis '73 Vega GT center wheel caps - 06/14/18 09:46 PM
I went to my local tire dealer today and had 3 new tires installed on my daily driver '73 Vega GT. Now all four tires match as I replaced one several months ago when one was destroyed when I ran over some road junk.

Apparently the tire shop doesn't deal with too many 45-year-old Vegas and I lost two center wheel caps on the 4 mile trip home. The shop has committed to replace the caps, but I don't think they know how thin on the ground these things are. I figured I'd start looking as well.

Does anyone here have any used GT center caps (or know where I might find a couple?) I don't need new as used would better match the patina of the rest of the car.

Thanks. Tom
Posted By: bobg1951chevy Re: '73 Vega GT center wheel caps - 06/15/18 08:12 PM

You may get a better response if you post your needed caps in the PARTS WANTED forum.

Folks tend to go there first.
Posted By: TomLewis Re: '73 Vega GT center wheel caps - 06/16/18 10:57 PM
Thanks for the response. I'll try that the next time.

I trolled eBay and there weren't any caps listed, but a vendor in Arizona had a front fender for a GT Vega for sale. The fender was still on the car and the picture showed a GT wheel and cap still under the fender. I contacted the vendor through eBay and we made a deal for a wheel (I needed one for a spare) and three center caps. All is good.

I'll call the tire shop Monday and let them off the hook except for the cost of two caps

Tom
Posted By: bobg1951chevy Re: '73 Vega GT center wheel caps - 06/17/18 05:01 AM
Originally Posted by TomLewis
Thanks for the response. I'll try that the next time.

I trolled eBay and there weren't any caps listed, but a vendor in Arizona had a front fender for a GT Vega for sale. The fender was still on the car and the picture showed a GT wheel and cap still under the fender. I contacted the vendor through eBay and we made a deal for a wheel (I needed one for a spare) and three center caps. All is good.

I'll call the tire shop Monday and let them off the hook except for the cost of two caps

Tom

Thanks for the follow up to your wheel cap concerns.

Always good to hear how a situation was resolved.
© Vintage Chevrolet Club - Discussion Forum