VCCA Home
Posted By: Requiembell GMC questions allowed? - 01/23/04 09:13 AM
I am new so excuse the ignorance. I have a '72 GMC Jimmy and the rear hatch on the removable top is broken where the left strut attatches to the hinge mechanism (inside the fiberglass). Any advice for a fix or should I be looking for a replacement top? If I shouldn't be posting here just let me know, I don't know if you guys differentiate between Chevy and GMC.
Posted By: Chevrolet Re: GMC questions allowed? - 01/23/04 01:23 PM
requiembell,

welcome...yes, we are exclusively devoted to chevrolets here, not gmc's...

but you may yet get a response, because some of the people here are pretty knowledgeable about gmc's, too...you might try posting in the chevy truck forum...

ok epi
Posted By: 53bel-air Re: GMC questions allowed? - 01/23/04 07:44 PM
requeimball: you might try the http://67-72chevytrucks.com website too,,,, dance

Added link to website.- Chevykid
Posted By: MrMack Re: GMC questions allowed? - 01/23/04 08:10 PM
Rbell,
You might want to try this site for Jimmy exterior parts: http://usedpartx.com/gmc-jimmy-parts.html

I hope you don't have your Jimmy with you in Iraq, that sand is brutal on engines!
My youngest son is over there, he is a tank commander in the 66th AR of the 4th ID. Please Stay safe and keep doing the good work you are doing!
Posted By: Mike McCagh Re: GMC questions allowed? - 01/24/04 03:28 AM
I have a 73 chevy blazer fiberglass top, complete undamaged, off 30K truck, that you can have if you will come and get it or send someone to get it. least i can do for the guys protecting us in the middle east. mike
Posted By: Chevrolet Re: GMC questions allowed? - 01/24/04 03:48 AM
mike,

that's a very cool offer...

ok epi
Posted By: Requiembell Re: GMC questions allowed? - 01/24/04 06:10 AM
Mike,

Thanks for the extremely generous offer. I emailed you to get contact information and I will make arrangements to have it picked up. Again thanks.

Scott
Posted By: Requiembell Re: GMC questions allowed? - 01/24/04 06:12 AM
MrMack,

I too am in the 4th ID and have flown several combat missions in support of 66 AR. We will make sure all your boys get home safe.

Reaper 10
Attack!

Scott
Posted By: MrMack Re: GMC questions allowed? - 01/24/04 06:53 AM
Ok Rbell keep the fan topside and the rollers on the bottom. I would say what to do when you hear "Duck!' but don't think it would apply in your case.

Happy Hunting! till you can get back in the real world and do some Happy Motoring!
© Vintage Chevrolet Club - Discussion Forum