Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Thread Like Summary
Nick_in_Manitou
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Nick_in_Manitou
Nick_in_Manitou
Just getting started on this 1940 KC. Project was started by someone I don't know...I bought it from a 3rd party.

From what I think I have found in my research, I believe the engine is a (freshly rebuilt?) 1954-55 235ci (block casting number 3835911), (head casting number 3835913).

I am attaching some photos of the carburetor and the intake. I don't know what the model of the carburetor is. Is it one of the visible numbers cast into the brass?

I am wondering if this is the proper setup for this engine.

I am a ways from being able to try starting the engine...there is not a usable wire on the truck.

Thanks for your thoughts,
Nick
Attached Images
Liked Replies
by Tiny
Tiny
I don't believe any Chevy came with a Stromberg carburetor. I believe they all came with a Rochester. If I'm wrong someone will point it out. Whether the Stromberg will work or not I don't know. Someone will be along who can answer your question. Good luck with your project.
1 member likes this
by Mr87Monty
Mr87Monty
Chevy used Carter carbs in the 40s and then switched to using Rochester carbs later on. I am not sure what year they switched.

I do not know but it is possible that Stromberg made a replacement carb for these cars.
1 member likes this
by Dave39MD
Dave39MD
Correct Stromberg made replacements.

Dave
Attached Images
1 member likes this

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.