Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Thread Like Summary
Clement
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#487968 12/23/2023 7:39 PM
by Bertus
Bertus
Eight volt batteries previously mentioned in these forums. Are they available? Recommended?
Liked Replies
#487989 Dec 24th a 09:40 PM
by BearsFan315
BearsFan315
stay 6v :)
previous owner of my 1929 did 8v battery, was great for starting but if you left electronics as they were you had to charge battery every few times as generator would not charge it as set. and as Rusty noted if you bumped it up to be able to charge it you would typically blow out the bulbs or have to put an inline insulator/ voltage reducer for them. owner said he ran it with all lights on and never an issue, but always had lights on :!

i swapped 8v out for an optima red 6v. and that thing is a beast, it spins harder than the 8v and charges fine on the stock system. it also last a lot longer then a typical lead acid. cost a little more but worth every penny.

i also recently swapped out most of hte incandescent for LEDS and much brighter. you can get the LEDS in the same K rating so they have that warm yellow glow !!
1 member likes this

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.