Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Thread Like Summary
jtroberts64
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by V91
V91
Hi, does anyone know if it is possible to buy complete tops for my 1925 Superior K Touring?

BR
Nils P
Norway
Liked Replies
by V91
V91
Thank you all, cars were expensive in Norway, and we were poor in those days. There are at least 12 1925-Chevy`s registered in Norway. After the tough twenties, the war and the rebuild, it was not allowed to import cars until 1961 as it was considered "luxury". So all the vehicels were worn out. Willy jeeps, kübelwagens, T-Ford, A-Ford etc were in regular use until mid 60`s in another way than in the US.

About "cutting corners". If it is possible to get a nearly complete top instead of making a completely new from scratch, that will be my way of "cutting corners". We have rebuilt the seats from scratch so I have an idea of how timeconsuming a new top will be. I have found a upholstry shop which may be willing to help me out. And I am lucky to have the old although it is very worn and battered.

I will keep you posted!

From 1924/1925, cars sold in Scandinavia was assembled in a factory in Copenhagen, Denmark. The cars arrived in different state of completion. Some were probably "CKD", Completely Knocked Down, others more or less complete. I have not been able to find out about that yet. I will look more into the history when my car is finished.

You can tell that a car is assembled in Copenhagen from the chassisnumber which starts with the letters XBxxxx. Mine has XB2K746 which I think makes it 1925 Superior K number 746 assembled in Denmark. It was registered first time 6th of May 1925.

Interesting is the original brochure where the 1925 Superior K is shown with 6 lug steel wheels, while all the early Superior K I know of has 4 lugs. There where two different Tourings available. The simple "Touring" which was dark blue, probably like the one available in the US, and with spokes made of wood. In addition Chevrolet offered the more exclusive "Sport Touring" with steel discs, "fat-man wheel", polished aluminium instrument board, (check out the details in the attached picture. It took me quite a few hours of planning and trying/failing before I was satisfied) nickelplated doorhandles on the outside, protection on the step plates, nickeled bumpers etc. This version was available in a greygreen duco color shown on my car. I wonder if it is the same color as mentioned in the US-brochures as "Buckingham Gray"? The color I have is "black olive/schwarz oliven" which I have seen on several Norwegian cars. But my car had a slightly more yellow tone, more like "yellow oliven/gelb oliven". I chose the first one as I consider it more "classy".
Attached Images
1 member likes this

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.