Welcome Maria,

You have indeed come to a good site to learn and be learned from. I can tell you, the guys you have received comments from already are great sources, esp Stovebit, from my personal experience.

I own a ’45 1/2 ton, Model BK. She also has 6 boards and I’m sure it is the original bed. The boards have been protected by a piece of sheet steel for most of her life.

I’m another one of those 6V guys. I’ve found no drawbacks and IMO, being able to keep so much as original is easiest.

Rarely have I looked at the New Members - Questions Forum. I came to it tonight because I’m on a personal VCCA Forum promotional campaign. OMO, by far, the quickest and easiest way to get a question answered here at VCCA is to Google it, then tag on VCCA.

Since Models remained the same for several years, to cover all the bases in your search, you need to list the years. For instance, I did a search on your question about bed boards. This went in the Google search box as; “1941, 1942, 1945, 1946 chevy truck bed boards, vcca”. It turned up one very long thread that took place in 2017. Several comments into it, ONE SENTENCE talked about 6 boards being in the bed. In fact, the questioner found out the truck in question was not a 1941, it was a 1945!

Look forward to seeing more from you.

Jake