After a week, THE HOOD IS OPEN! Well, when I got "Maddy" home, something just didn't look quite right under the hood. (What I found out:) What my "helper" did was pull the radiator and mount to swap the engine. When he put it back in he turned the radiator mount backwards. He said he did this in order for the longer '56 engine to fit in the '50. He tried using the adapter plate for the water pump but did not push enough water and she got hot. He told me that he knew what he was doing and had gotten it fixed. The radiator bolts were too long because they caught lip of the hood brace held the hood shut. Getting up inside and prying the hood away from the bolts got it open. At least I know what I do to get everything fixed. I will pull the radiator and mount and move the radiator mount just so it clears the fan. The moral of this story is don't believe everything everybody tells you. Make sure to check over the work you have someone else do. Darn I wish I was younger to be able to do all the work myself. (And never let anyone mess with your hood!)