Two years ago I ordered and installed a complete set of four centric wheel cylinders on my 1948. To date, I have been very happy with their performance but can’t speak to longevity. Recently I decided to do the same on my 1941 so I tried to order four more. It appears that right fronts are no longer available in the centric brand but are listed under the more costly brands. As previously mentioned, I would guess they are all made in China but with different labels.

If grease is leaking from the rear axle seals this may help. I found that the surface on the 41 axles was quite pitted in the sealing area. Timpken KWK 99157 repair sleeves were installed over the pits using an appropriate length and diameter of exhaust pipe as a driver. The sleeve was pushed on to the axle far enough to avoid interfering with the bearing. Again these comments are for 1941 and 1948 but the diameter and width of sealing surface area in the 1940 may be the same. If not, repair sleeves are available in different dimensions.

Hope this helps, Mike