Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
schultz Offline OP
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
looking for any info on a key chain. oneside reads millionth 1964 car built by b.o.p. assembly division june 25 1964. flipside reads general motors assembly plant. south gate california. i purchased this key chain and 2 pieces of luggage with oval cloth badge reads chevrolet enginering division .from elderly lady in downey california .she said i would appreciate these more than her children.her husband worked for g.m/ p.s is anybody out there .

Become a Member!

JOIN THE VCCA and get access to the member-only features of the forum, including the ability to upload photos. You'll also receive our monthly magazine "Generator & Distributor". Yearly membership as low as $25!

Technical Advisor
ChatMaster - 10,000
Technical Advisor
ChatMaster - 10,000
Interesting. The inscription of b-o-p is for Buick, Oldsmobile, and Pontiac. No Chevrolet.

The luggage, however is marked with Chevrolet and apparently not b-o-p.

You would not expect GM to make just one key chain. They probably made several and strictly guess-work as to who they were given to. If you were attempting to honor one car (and that is the only way you get a million'th car), it would probably be more substancial than a simple key chain..

Agrin devil

RAY

Chevradioman
http://www.vccacolumbiariverregion.org/

1925 Superior K Roadster
1928 Convertible, Sport, Cabriolet
1933 Eagle, Coupe
1941 Master Deluxe 5-Passenger Coupe
1950 Styleline Deluxe 4-Door Sedan
1950 Styleline Deluxe Convertible
2002 Pontiac, Montana, Passenger Van
2014 Impala, 4-Door Sedan, White Diamond, LTZ
2017 Silverado, Double Cab, Z71, 4X4, White, Standard Bed, LTZ

If you need a shoulder to cry on, pull off to the side of the road.
Death is the number 1 killer in the world.

ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
The millionth would obviously include all makes and models produced in that plant. I am sure that many were made and given out to employees and suppliers. Maybe a few given to dealers and the public. It is interesting history and deserves preservation. Too bad the family did not think that it was worthy of keeping. Guess you can't keep everything. Does that mean that I have to begin to get rid of some of my treasures? Darn! I still have a few paths that are open.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.