Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#90531 11/24/06 05:18 PM
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
OP Offline
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
Welcome to a whole new world!!

[Linked Image from vccachat.org] [Linked Image from vccachat.org] [Linked Image from vccachat.org]

I've managed to get this up and running in less time that I thought the last steps would take. yipp
But, as you'll see, there are still a lot of "tweaks" that need to take place. curse

Instead of holding back, I'm going to open up the entire Chat Board so that you can get started on the Learning Curve. :cool2:

So have fun... check it out with all of it's imperfections and pimples..... and don't send me any emails, PM's or packages which tick!!!

I'll ask for input later on after I finish cleaning up some of the obvious stuff.

idea [Linked Image from vccachat.org]

ENJOY!!

Bill Barker
Previous VCCA CHAT Administrator
(VCCA Member: 9802)
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
OP Offline
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
Early Findings:

1) Your Chat user number is now ONE LARGER that it was. If you used to be user 114, then you are now 115. It doesn't really make any difference, but the "system" stole my Number One position, so now I'm number two!!! curse

2a) When you click on Preview, after you've drafted a reply, the preview does NOT show your signature line. This is a documented shortcoming of this version.

2b) When you click on Preview, it shows in the same window, right BELOW where you were editing. No popup window.

3) You can VIEW the portal and all postings WITHOUT logging in. But if you want to Reply, or Post a comment, then you have to log in. This will help keep the registration count down a little bit.

4) Notice that you can add all kinds of colored text, sized text, and other cool things to your postings.

5) You can ask for a list of all topics that were posted within the past 24 hours (as previously), and within the past 48 hours (NEW), or the past 7 days (NEW).

6) If you forget your password and prompt the system for help, it will email you a NEW password which you must use to log in. Then you'll need to go to MyStuff and change it to what you want it to be.

Bill Barker
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
OP Offline
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
And another new feature --- The SPARK GAP.

Go it up and running late last night, or early this morning.. can't remember for sure... but jerrygolf and Capt Harley were online to help test drive it with me.

It only keeps the most recent 30 postings. Use it for quick comments that need quick response. Who knows? If we'd had this up and running a while back, then there might never have been a "Favorite One-Liners" page. ha ha.

I'm gonna take a few hours off to help Dick O install his windshield on his '31. I've worked 32 hours over the past Two days on this mother and I think that it's time to let you-all babysit it for a while. Enjoy.

Bill Barker
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
OP Offline
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
And yet another new feature... CALENDAR.
There are two calendar types... Public and Private. Anyone can post info to their own Private calendar and only they can see it.
stressed
As for the Public calendar, Kepi (Chevrolet) ok has kindly agreed to monitor this area. He is experimenting with a STANDARD FORMAT that we'd like all of the EVENTS to be posted in. Please note that ONLY MODERATORS can post to the PUBLIC calendar. This is an attempt to keep it clean and useful.
yay

One exception is Birthdays. If you fill out your birth date on the MyStuff/MyProfile section, then you'll show up on the Calendar. luv2 Note you only need to add Month and Day. Year is optional.

Once Kepi gets a format ready, then he'll ask that all Moderators use it when adding Events or Meets to it.

In the meantime I have something else up my sleeve for the ultimate use of this thing. Check back in a couple of days to see if I"m successful.

Bill Barker

Link Copied to Clipboard
Support The VCCA!

Enjoy the forum? Become a VCCA member! The World's Best Chevrolet and GMC Club!

Member Photos
1964 Chevrolet Impala SS
1964 Chevrolet Impala SS
by DreamChevy, February 17
My 1933 Chevy 2 Dr. Sedan
My 1933 Chevy 2 Dr. Sedan
by 1939Chevy1, November 24
Back on the road 79 years later
2 1927 Chevrolet Trucks
2 1927 Chevrolet Trucks
by 1927TRUCKS, June 7
Who's Online Now
2 members (GMMasterTech, Chipper), 81 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
NeilA, Jayhicks, Tomvanhouten, Dads29Chevy, Tractorman
18,308 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
SabrinaKarras, Speedy1
Forum Statistics
Forums58
Topics59,072
Posts429,076
Members18,308
Most Online1,133
Jan 22nd, 2020

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.