Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Sorry for the slow response Solan,
The calendars weigh about 4 oz. each.
By the way, I'm picking up the hardcopies late next week and will begin shipping them out the 1st week of December. The proof looks absolutely GREAT! I think you all will be happy with them. If not please let me know.
Thanks fellows!
Jim

Join VCCA For Technical Help

VCCA members have access to a list of over 50 Technical Advisors who can help you with your car. It's worth the price of membership! While you can get a lot of information for free in this forum, sometimes the info that you REALLY need is only available from the right person. This is what "The World's Best Chevrolet Club" is all about!

JOIN THE VCCA TODAY!

ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
As all pages in the calendar for 2007 is covered, soon it is time to start sending NEW pictures to Jim. Be so kind to drive your loved ones out in the snow dunes during the winter and make some terrific shots for the next calendar. Let's get winter pictures in the winter time, a.s.o. This early action also will give him time to arrange for an even better selection of cars next year, with motifs "belonging" to each month.

Don't forget the commercials either! May be there are some barnfresh beauties around as well??? Let us help Jim to make the next calendar in a more convenient way, folks!

Solan G, # 32797

Take advantage in your hobby by being member of VCCA!

ChatMaster - 1,500
ChatMaster - 1,500
Got my calendar today. Jim, You did an outstanding job. idea I think I'll take Solan's advice and send you a picture of my '31 and see if you want to use it next year. Agrin I'll send one to Jim M just to rival his '54 featured for September. :grin: Once again GOOD JOB.
jerrygolf

I think I'm a fairly wise person because I'm smart enough to realise I'm not too bright.
ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
I got my VCCA 2007 Calendar Saturday, and it's GREAT!!

To all the VCCA members who' s cars are pictured for 2007, congratulations, they look great.

Keep up the great work.
Michael41

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
You guys are great thank you!
I cannot tell you how happy I am with the way the calendars turned out this year. The print shop did just an outstanding job! The photos are really nice! They seem to be glossier and the ink seems thicker - more like a photograph if that makes any sense whatsoever.
I'm glad you guys like it and thank you for all of your help in making this possible.
Let me wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a happy motoring New Year!
Jim

ChatMaster - 4,000
ChatMaster - 4,000
Jim,

Good to hear you like the 2007 calendars so much. Your post sounds sort of like a "wrap-up." Should we presume all of the '07 calendars have been mailed???

Thanks.

Bill.

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Sorry Bill,
Not at all, there are still fellows I'm waiting to hear from and the article in the G&D may bring a few more requests.
Thanks Bill

ChatMaster - 4,000
ChatMaster - 4,000
I'm happy to report the mailman just rang my doorbell and handed me a large envelope with my calendars.

YES!! Very nice!!

Great work, Jim!!!

auto :cool2: auto yipp

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
The red-dressed postman (or was it a Santa's early visit?)came today with 70 calendars for our board, technical advisers, insurance committee and some for sale. Going out on Wednesday. Hurray!!

Excellent service, Jim and lovely calendars this year too. You make a super support for VCCA and all members with this work!

Dear user/member: Drive your Chevy outside to shoot the most beautiful pictures of the car in wintertime. Send the pictures to Jim NOW, and bring your car to be one of the calendar cars of 2008. Let us make the collecting of pictures an easy task for our organizer in 2007.

Thanks for reading!!!!!!!!!!

Try a free classified ad on our web page: http://www.chevyclub.no/annonser/classifieds/?setlang=eng

Have a nice day!

ChatMaster - 4,000
ChatMaster - 4,000
Has anybody else noticed the "ads" for the 2007 calendar that appear in many threads throughout CC II no longer seem to be working??? I've clicked on several of these 'ads' in the last day or so and get a "page not found" message.

I've already recvd my calendars, so it's not a problem for me. But if others are just finding these "ads" and they aren't working, that's not so good....

ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
Hello Jim,

How many calendars were ordered this year? Hope you reached 300, and a realistic aim for another 1000 next year!

Solan G, # 32797

Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
Hey 42Bill, the ads weren't working because they point to my server here at my house... and I was without power for two days! We may have to do something different next time... but this is the first time that I've been off line that long. curse

Hey wadda expect for a nickel a month!! bigl

Bill Barker
Previous VCCA CHAT Administrator
(VCCA Member: 9802)
ChatMaster - 4,000
ChatMaster - 4,000
Thanks for the info, Bill. Sure 'splains that.

Another question, I can't seem to find any of those ads anymore. Did you take them down???

Bill.

ChatMaster - 4,000
ChatMaster - 4,000
Hey Jim,

Maybe a dumb question..... but, are there any 2006 calendars "left??" If so, I'd like to get one. Maybe better to send you a PM or direct email..... (which I just did).

Bill.

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Hi Guys,
Back in November I had orders for just under 200 copies. I figured with the announcement coming out in the Nov/Dec G&D at least another 100 fellows out of 8000+ would like a copy. I speculated we would have requests for at least 100 more and I got a better price break if I ordered 300 instead of 200. Don't get me wrong, I'm not at all complaining. I just made a mistake ordering more copies than I needed. Bottom line, I have a bunch left over.
I'm open on any ideas how I can sell these? There is a large Chevy dealer down the street from me that I'm planning on asking if they would like to buy some. Any other thoughts?
Thanks fellows.

ChatMaster - 4,000
ChatMaster - 4,000
Hey Jim,

You might want to "take the bull by the horns" and contact Oscar the Grouch.....

Apparently he missed all this "talk" about the 2007 calendars.....

(Oscar's Chevy Chat "name" is Rust to Shine.)

Bill.

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Hello Jim,

Have you sold out the calendars yet? If not, buy some few more, folks! They are very nice :cool2: but do not have the same appeal and atraction in May, June or later this year.

Start sending pictures of your car NOW to Jim, and may be in the deep snow?? dance

Last edited by Chevrolet Club of Norway; 01/17/07 04:56 PM.

Try a free classified ad on our web page: http://www.chevyclub.no/annonser/classifieds/?setlang=eng

Have a nice day!

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Hi fellows,
I do still have copies available.
I was trying to think of ways entice guys to sent me their photos for the 2008 calendar. How about this, if your photos are selected for the '08 calendar, you'll receive a free calendar. What do you think, will that work?
Once again this was a fun project thanks for all of your help!
Jim

ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
Jim, I really think that the owners of a car in the VCCA members calendar would be satisfied to pay for the privilage of having the car displayed in your really good professional high quality work.
Maybe the idea of having some paid advertiser to bear the printing costs would make the calendars more sellable.
Maybe having a 2" extension on the inside of the rear cover that will show the advertisers copy for all 12 months would work out. and also small Mom & Pop vendors could have that part personalized.

I just think that advertising in the G & D isn't getting the word out quickly enough. We also have a group of lurkers here that are here because there isn't any cost involved, they come here strictly for the good information that they continue to get FREE!

Life's a long winding trail, love Jesus and ride a good horse!
ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
Send your best winter digital pictures with the Chevrolet out in the snow. Jim would love to receive them now. auto dance

Also remember he has only less than 40 calendars left from this year. chevy bigl Buy one or more now!

Solan G, # 32797

ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
Has anybody sent pictures of their chevy beauties auto (out in the snow) to Jim yet? Hopefully he has received several useful pictures already for the next calendar.

Have you, Jim idea Give us an idea. Hope you can make it with a sponsor as I have mentioned before.

By the way, how many calendars are left by now?

Solan G, # 32797

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
I've received several nice photos and two winter shots thanks! I still need more to put the 12 months together.
I'm really pushing to have the '08 calendar proofed and ready for printing by August of this year. Again I'll see if Jean can put another announcement in the G&D, but this time shoot for October and/or November.

I'm still in the process of contacting Meguiar's for sponsorship - thanks for the push! I'm also planning on presenting the calendar to the Crawford Museum (formally the TRW Crawford Museum) here in Cleveland. Every Father's Day the Crawford museum puts on a absolutely great car show at Stan Hywet Hall (F.A. Seiberling's home - the founder of Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company in Akron, Ohio). http:/www.stanhywet.org

By all means, if any of you fellows can think of a sponsor please contact them and ask if they could help us out. I'll be honest, I simply don't have time to bird dog every potential lead, and I hope that doesn't sound the wrong way, but if you have an idea could you check it out first, then I'd be happy to persue it.
I'm still getting orders on the 2007, but I still have quite a few left.
I cannot thank you all enough for the help you all have given me on this project. Again, that is what makes this fun.
Jim

Last edited by jimk; 02/18/07 03:05 PM.
ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
Please, "reserve" a month for Hans Peter Nielsen's 1914-5? It is fully restored now. :grin:

Ask Jean to put an ad in "every" G&D to give you the best support. And all the beautiful pictures from Grand Junction, why not use some of those? yipp auto dance

Solan G, # 32797

ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
Here is very good news to Jim for collecting this years pictures for next year's calendar:

Our eminent webmaster, Bill B is writing in the Spark Gap:
downloaded about 45 photos.. am publishing them as we speak... except where I have duplicates already.

When you are in action, guys, why not send the best shots to Jim at the same time you send them to Bill, and make the calendar pages for 2008 ready in short time?

auto auto auto dance

Solan G, # 32797

ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
I love the 2007 calendar. Great looking cars. Of course, I prefer the 2006 because it has my 41' Chevy on it !!

Great work Jim. For 2008 I am going to buy 10 and sell them around here.

Happy Motoring,
Michael41

Last edited by mike41; 02/21/07 08:10 PM.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.