Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#77925 10/21/04 06:26 PM
xxx Offline OP
ChatMaster - 3,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 3,000
I see it is time to vote and I have read the blurbs and I have marked the ballot and now I need to drop it in the mail.

Hope everyone votes - in both elections the VCCA and the Nov. 2nd US national elections if you are registered.

One question on the candidates in the G&D;

How are they organized as to presentation?

I would suggest that next time just put them in alphabetical order.

Join VCCA For Technical Help

VCCA members have access to a list of over 50 Technical Advisors who can help you with your car. It's worth the price of membership! While you can get a lot of information for free in this forum, sometimes the info that you REALLY need is only available from the right person. This is what "The World's Best Chevrolet Club" is all about!

JOIN THE VCCA TODAY!

#77926 10/21/04 09:42 PM
ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
Gator, please note that the G&D has all of the candidates running, but your ballot should apply only to your area. At large candidates run nation wide and the area positions on the BOD only run in their areas. It is a sad fact that very few area positions on the BOD hardly ever have more than one unopposed candidate in the race.

I don't know what order they appear in the bios or on the ballot, as if it made any difference anyway.

I wonder if there is any provision for having a "write in" candidate other than having their permission and a declaration from them that they are qualified to run and that they are willing to serve on the BOD if elected?

I do know it is against our By-laws for a candidate to campaign for office. Is it legal for other members to mount a privately funded "write in" campaign by mail or to solicit votes or campaign for their favorite candidate?

Life's a long winding trail, love Jesus and ride a good horse!
#77927 10/22/04 05:50 PM
xxx Offline OP
ChatMaster - 3,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 3,000
It is a free country, MrMack, "run baby run"

On the listing of candidates if you don't think it makes a difference as to who is first on the ballot and etc, you live in a kinder and gentler idealism than most.

#77928 10/22/04 07:47 PM
ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
Gator, It don't make any difference to me, and it isn't much of a point to vote for someone if you don't look beyond who is listed first on the ballot, I live in a real world and try to get to know a few things about those whom I vote for I also believe that a voter has a responsibility to learn more than just whether a guy is rideing a donkey or an elephant....Maybe it is different in Florida, the land of the "hanging chads"!

#77929 10/23/04 08:31 PM
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
I would hate to thing alphabetical order somehow influences a voter. I would hope the candiate, whether he or she is the first, middle, or last in the listing will be selected on considerations other than the last name.

#77930 10/23/04 08:34 PM
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
I would hate to "think", not "thing". Oh well, proof reading was not my strong point.

#77931 10/23/04 08:53 PM
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
If you click on "Edit" above your original posting, you can change the word "thing" to "think". yipp laugh laugh laugh

The Mangy Old Mutt

"If It's Not Junk.....It's Not Treasure!"
#77932 10/24/04 05:17 PM
ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
There is a real need to get more qualified candidates for the Area Board positions. I get the destinct feeling that only if the position is open will others put their names in nomination. It is a sad situation. But on the other hand if the person representing you on the Board has your complete support and actually represents the membership in the area then there may not be a reason to change. I can personally assure a few of you that you have excellant representation. Others do not! Way too many BM (Bored Members)just occupy the position without sufficient preparation and participation. Others represent themselves and not the majority of area members.

It is true that the at-large Board Members are some of the most qualified and talented people. That indicates that those people exist, are willing to serve and receive the most votes in the elections.

We need many more VCCA members to vote. Our historical vote by less than 10% of the members is unacceptable. Read the bios, check with others in the VCCA who may know the candidates, then send in your ballot. Your vote can really make a difference!! Particularly this year. That is true for the National as well as the VCCA elections.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
#77933 10/24/04 05:52 PM
ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
I do have a diffucult time trying to decide which of the At-Large Candidates or nominees to support from time to time. I have a tendency to support candidates that I recognize from personal contact and those I figure represent the average member of the club, both Region club members and also the independants who are independants for reasons I don't know or don't need to know, as long as they have what I consider productive and traditional goals, as set forth by our mission statement and by-laws.

This forum has helped to give me some knowledge of several members that otherwise would just be a name on a membership list. Comeing here and giving input from a BOD member to me is a PLUS in my mind whether they always agree with my points or not. The candidates I have no knowledge of will be researched by me, so if I ask you about a certain candidate by private message or e-mail, then you know why....

#77934 10/26/04 04:10 PM
xxx Offline OP
ChatMaster - 3,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 3,000
I didn't see anyone on the list that wouldn't be a good person to choose. If all you know is the little blurb in the G&D it is almost a ramdom voting act.

Maybe that is why only 10% vote, I voted because of personal contacts here on chatter with some running if I didn't known one from another I would not vote and let the people that know the candidates vote for me. Having everyone vote is not the goal...informed voting is the goal.

No hanging chads this time...the computer (or programer) will decide the elections now. NO paper trail to re-count.

#77935 11/04/04 09:34 PM
ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
...Just one more reminder for VCCA members.

!!!WE ARE NOT FINISHED WITH NATIONAL VOTEING!!!

If you haven't voted for Candidates for the VCCA Board Of Directors

NOW IS THE TIME TO SEND IN YOUR BALLOT, PROPERLY MARKED FOR YOUR CHOICES!

every member should vote for 2 of the 5 running for the At-Large positions, and some areas need to choose an Area Director (except where they are running unopposed)

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.