Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Don, I read your post with interest. Only 19 cars judged?!! You said there were 75 at the judging seminar, how many guys judged? If there were that many in the school I would think you had an abundance of judges for the meet. If so, why did juging take so long?

A few weeks ago I was at the 40th Central meet in Ohio. I did not count the cars being judged but I would say somewhere around 100 or maybe more. Very few cars at the meet were not judged. I also attended Tarpon Springs (Floirda) meet in January. I did not count those cars to be judged there either, but my guess is about 35. At both locations, the cars not being judged were a very small minority. Why such a very small representation of cars to be judged on the left coast?

Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
Roadster32,

Your question is easy to answer. Unfortunately we have a very uninformed mouthpiece on the left coast that has never judged a car nor had one judged, but talks like he is an expert. So much misinformation has been transmitted that everyone is gunshy. As the word gets out the number of judges and owners having their cars judged, will increase dramatically. Amazing how much smoke just one bad apple can blow. :( :confused: :arrow:

Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
Sounds like this thread has completed it's original topic. I'm going to close it now.

If you have other comments about how to improve judging, or how to create more interest in judging, please start a new thread.

Bill Barker
Previous VCCA CHAT Administrator
(VCCA Member: 9802)
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.