In the FAQ section, there is a description of the ratings system on this forum. I'm sure that you all read it already. :rolleyes:

The ratings system was originally designed for a very large forum where people post thousands of times and where it's difficult to determine who's who... so in that environment, it is useful to have a rating by your peers. This is one way that you select whose comments you're going to read... and trust.

But in our forum, which is barely 18 days old as I'm writing this, we don't need such an anonymous tool to determine who the idiots are, from the rest of us. wink Since most of the people on this forum are VCCA members, then they've already passed a test of intelligence by joining! laugh

(Note: I may run out of icons before I finish this write-up. :p )

So, in the interest of trying to keep our forum as light-hearted and as fun as possible, I've modified our rating system so that it is a commentary, not a rating. And the final score will be presented, not as a metric (1-5 stars) but rather as an auto-related icon. And... to further keep it interesting, I might get in the mood to change the icons now and then. :eek:

So, my advice is to read the FAQ, and if you don't want to be rated, or commented on, then turn it off. Simple. Nothing to it. But for those of you who are still active, hopefully you'll be surprised and eager to see what icon-rating you have the next time that you log on. You might even get a chuckle out of it (if I'm successful). After all, isn't that the bottom line to having a hobby? To have some fun? And enjoyment?

So, I'm going to try to add some creativity and humor to this forum why you-all carry on your discussions about whether a 34 radio antenna belongs under the running boards, or whether it didn't need one. And if you get a moment of diversion, you might look around and see if there's anything else that you can do to lighten-up the forum and provide some entertainment and enjoyment for someone else. :confused:

And now... let's get on with a new discussion about the Graemlins and why we can't have some additional ones! ha! cool

PS. If anyone wants the job of Administrator, please send me an email and we'll all chip in to help pay for your medical evaluation of your mental being. :)

((As always, please post suggestions, and replies to this note, in the [I]Ideas & Suggestions{/I] forum.))

Thanks!

Bill Barker
Previous VCCA CHAT Administrator
(VCCA Member: 9802)