Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
ChatMaster - 1,500
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 1,500
Hello everyone!

I just finished getting the roadster ready for the 45th Anniversary meet and early 6 cylinder meet.

Last year during the first early 6 cylinder meet I was having problems with the right front brake dragging. It only happened before I left and then right after I got home from the meet. Then again this summer when I was at the 3 main bearing tour at the red woods in Northern California.

Anyway I decided I was going to fix this before the next tour. About two week ago when I ordering the parts I might need from the Filling Station, I noticed a new product in their catalog.

So I ordered their version of the 30 to 32 brake adjustment tool. It was worth every bit of the $20 I paid for it. I would have to say that it one of the best tools I've ever bought just to work on the cars. I went through the whole brake system and followed the instructions included with the tool and oiled every joint. The first time that I tried the brakes they worked GREAT! The only thing I had to do was adjust the left rear wheel since I had it too tight.

GREAT job the Filling Station!

32 Confederate
Bruce S. DeFord
VCCA Judging Committee Chair

The Great American Value for 1932
http://www.vccacolumbiariverregion.org/
Support The VCCA!

Enjoy the forum? Become a VCCA member! The World's Best Chevrolet and GMC Club!

ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
Thanks for sharing that information. I will check it out...

People are like a box of chocolates you never know what you are going to get...
Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
Wish they had one for a '29. I made a wooden one from a diagram in the engineering features book but I don't want to put any pressure on it 'cause it will split. Hope make a stronger one soon. Buying it would be nicer!

Jim Barnhart
Temple City, California

Link to Jim's Chevy
1929 Sedan
1969 Corvette Coupe

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.