Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#59046 06/15/04 08:28 PM
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Hi All,
I am reluctant to post about this but I have been having some difficulty with a certain license plate restoration service. I sent my plates in over 13 months ago. The initial paperwork stated there was a three month turnaround time. I have been calling them about once a month for the last 6 months. They keep telling me that they should be done soon and will not give me a firm date. I have already paid for the service. I am debating how I might handle this situation in such a way as to get the service done and my plates back. (Obviously I would rather use a carrot than a stick.)

Thanks!
-R chevy

Support The VCCA!

Enjoy the forum? Become a VCCA member! The World's Best Chevrolet and GMC Club!

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
I HAD A PROBLEM MANY YEARS AGO WITH A VENDOR THAT CASHED MY CHECK BUT NEVER SENT THE ITEMS I PAID FOR. I WROTE A LETTER TO THE EDITOR OF THE MAGAZINE I ORDERED FROM. THEY SENT A LETTER TO THE VENDOR AND I RECEIVED A FULL REFUND. THIS MAY GET SOME ACTION FOR YOU.

SEE YOU DOWN THE BACK ROADS.

See you Touring the Back Roads

Joined VCCA June 1, 1961
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
You might want to give us an idea who this license plate restoration service is so that others can avoid them, or at least tell us what state they are in. :confused: :confused:

The Mangy Old Mutt

"If It's Not Junk.....It's Not Treasure!"
ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
He!He! That sounds like a good way to start a license plate collection, by having everyone send in their plates for a low cost restoration. By the way just send me your restored 1928 Texas license plates and I will make them look like they have been around the cow lot for the last 76 years please include a little money for handleing, no postage required, since I don't intend to send anything back!

wink yipp dance :p dance :cool2: flush

Life's a long winding trail, love Jesus and ride a good horse!
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
I have known others who have had good results from this restoration service so I still hold out hope that they will get the job done. However, in the interest of the rest of you, if you plan to ship your plates to a shop on Main Street in Duryea, PA, please at least get a firm completion date and pay COD.

Do we have any ChevyChatters in Duryea? laugh laugh

Regards,
-R flush

xxx Offline
ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
If they have a web site....maybe a request from a bunch of us asking him to send you your plates back might help. I would be glad to email him for you and I bet others would too.

I'm sure he would care about a bad reputation with a group this large.

Let us know how we can help.

Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Thanks Gator,
They do have a website. Unfortunately, they don't have an eMail address. I would guess they have another company provide their hosting. I am considering filing a complaint with the BBB of NE/Central PA. That would at least trigger a snail-mail letter and would eventually hurt their reputation if enough complaints are received.

Regards,
-R chevy

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Particularly if you inform them that the bad news about their lack of service is being broadcast on OUR website.

xxx Offline
ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Side note on tags; A few days ago I wanted to make sure my original '55 tag didn't start to rust so I used clear finger nail polish on the tiny dings and then clear coated the entire tag.

All I wanted was to protect the tag but when I finished the tag looked brand new and great.

Try it you will like it... laugh :) laugh laugh

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.