Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#58814 04/06/02 12:48 PM
Kerry Offline OP
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
I am looking for a good inexpensive program to manage and doucument the restoration and general maintenance of my 1950 chev p/u. I am replacing old and worn out parts(Chevy Duty & Napa know me by my first name) and I am using it as a daily driver. So I would like a program that covers the restoration aspects as well as normal maintenance records. As usual there are a million choice on the interenet. Anyone using or have suggestions on one that they like?

Support The VCCA!

Enjoy the forum? Become a VCCA member! The World's Best Chevrolet and GMC Club!

#58815 04/06/02 02:15 PM
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Kerry,

I have not used this software, but found it when looking for a program to help organize and track my restoration. Check out this link for the product. AutoResto Software

Regards,

Jim M.

#58816 04/07/02 01:14 PM
Kerry Offline OP
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Thanks for the reply Jim. I looked at it but it doesn't quit fit the bill. I downloaded a couple of programs for free trial periods. One is CarCare. It seems to cover all of the bases but and is supposed to be simple but I am still trying to figure out how to add vendors and categories. The other one is Autowolf. I downloaded the program but could not get it to work. If anyone is interested I will continue to report on progress of my search.

Kerry

#58817 04/12/02 08:31 PM
Kerry Offline OP
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
For anyone interested I have been using the Car Care product for the last week. It seems to fit all of my needs. From recording general maintenance and fuel records to documenting restoration work. Easy to down load. Free trial for a month. If you like it is $29.95. I have already paid, I like the product that much.

Kerry

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.